Senior Technical Support Engineer - APAC Swing Shift
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Twingate is building a modern remote access solution that simplifies and improves the way businesses secure access to their cloud, SaaS, and on-prem resources. Twingate is backed by leading investors such as BOND, WndrCo, 8VC, Green Bay Ventures, SignalFire, and Dropbox founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Our investors share our belief that in a world where workforces are becoming increasingly distributed, it is critical to be able to effectively secure access to apps, data, and environments.
As part of our company culture, our belief in putting the customer first permeates our thinking in everything from our customer communications to the design process behind the product itself. If you take pride in creating experiences with the customer firmly at the center of the picture, we'd love to work with you.
Are you passionate about resolving technical challenges and ensuring a seamless customer experience? Twingate, a leader in zero-trust networking technology, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, love troubleshooting, and have a knack for learning and adapting to new technologies, we want to hear from you!
This position will specifically focus on providing support during the swing shift for APAC, Sunday to Thursday, 3 pm PST to 11 pm PST. As the first TSE handling the APAC shift, the ability to work autonomously to troubleshoot and research issues independently when guidance or documentation is not immediately available is a must.
- Customer Advocacy: Take ownership of customer issues, collaborating closely with technical teams to track progress and deliver optimal solutions.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Be the troubleshooting champion, quickly learning and creatively solving customer-facing issues related to Twingate’s SDWAN solution spanning end-user devices, infrastructure services, and ultimately all things networking in between.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with product and engineering teams to enhance Twingate's product experience by identifying and addressing the root causes of customer friction and issues.
- Knowledge Sharing: Educate internal teams and customers through clear written communication, documentation creation, and participation in public forums.
- Solution-Oriented: Comfortable working in a small team environment, influencing and creating processes to achieve positive outcomes.
- Cloud Expertise: In-depth knowledge of at least one major public cloud provider (GCP, AWS, or Azure).
- Networking Proficiency: Understanding of networking routing tables, DNS infrastructure, Docker, Kubernetes, and TCP/IP networking stack.
- Technical Skills: Proficient with networking, CLI, and debugging across Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms for both client and server administration.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a professional customer-facing role, preferably with technical support experience.
- Communication: Fluent in English with clear written communication skills.
Optional, but a Major Plus
- Network Analysis: Experience parsing and analyzing network traces using tools like Wireshark and tcpdump, contributing to a more comprehensive understanding of network-related issues.
- Programming Skills: Beyond an introductory level in any language, with the ability to write basic scripts for debugging, enhancing your versatility in addressing technical challenges.
- SDLC Understanding: Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, providing valuable insights into product enhancements and issue resolution.
If you are ready to be a vital part of our customers' success story and contribute to an innovative and collaborative environment, apply now and embark on a rewarding journey with Twingate!
Twingate is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Twingate’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.