Backend Engineer - Big Data
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Twingate is building a modern remote access solution that simplifies and improves the way businesses secure access to their cloud, SaaS, and on-prem resources. Twingate is backed by leading investors such as BOND, WndrCo, 8VC, Green Bay Ventures, SignalFire, and Dropbox founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Our investors share our belief that in a world where workforces are becoming increasingly distributed, it is critical to be able to effectively secure access to apps, data, and environments.
As part of our company culture, our belief in putting the customer first permeates our thinking in everything from our customer communications to the design process behind the product itself. If you take pride in creating experiences with the customer firmly at the center of the picture, we'd love to work with you.
Twingate is hiring a senior backend engineer to take part of our big data team. In this role you will build, grow and scale our data pipeline and infrastructure.
You must be an experienced software engineer who has hands-on hands experience with various big data solutions and warehouses.
- Building and scaling our data ingestion pipeline. We are ingesting hundreds of GB of data a day and growing fast.
- Building our data analysis and export infrastructure.
- Working closely with product team and other engineering teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years of hands on experience in building and scaling backend platforms, data pipelines and data warehouses.
- Innovative state of mind - take a look at the data and find new ways of using it.
- Experience in building and deploying cloud based solutions - GCP or AWS.
- Hands on experience with various data solutions - NoSql, big data, etc.
- Hands on experience with data streaming solutions.
Optional, but a major plus
- Hands-on experience with docker/containers
- Hands-on experience in building CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with Google BigQuery
- Full Social Benefits: Pension Fund, Education Fund, Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off: Flexible Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave
- Additional Benefits: Flexible work environment
Twingate is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Twingate’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
See more open positions at Twingate
Something looks off?