Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Twingate is building a modern remote access solution that simplifies and improves the way businesses secure access to their cloud, SaaS, and on-prem resources. Twingate is backed by leading investors such as BOND, WndrCo, 8VC, Green Bay Ventures, SignalFire, and Dropbox founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Our investors share our belief that in a world where workforces are becoming increasingly distributed, it is critical to be able to effectively secure access to apps, data, and environments.
As part of our company culture, our belief in putting the customer first permeates our thinking in everything from our customer communications to the design process behind the product itself. If you take pride in creating experiences with the customer firmly at the center of the picture, we'd love to work with you.
We are looking for a driven and diligent individual to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to our Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will support the accounting and finance organization’s day-to-day needs by ensuring transactions are reported accurately, accounts are reconciled, and financial statements are prepared timely. The Senior Accountant must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), keen attention to detail, sound judgment, and eagerness to learn and contribute to a fast-growing company.
- Perform monthly accounting close activities and deliverables (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics, etc.)
- Perform P&L analysis and prepare monthly financial reporting for management
- Support order to cash processes, including reviewing order forms, managing revenue waterfall schedules, and ensuring accounts receivable are collected in a timely manner
- Support accounts payable processes. including processing invoices, making payment batches, and answering emails from vendors
- Prepare quarterly calculations for sales commissions and bonuses
- Assist with federal, state, and local tax filings, including communicate with external tax advisors, compile supporting documentation, and making payments to taxing authorities
- Maintain our expense management system (Navan), including reviewing all employee reimbursements
- Assist with development of accounting policies, accounting systems, and drive process improvements to achieve scalability, efficiency, and productivity
- Participate in the annual year-end audit of the financial statements, including communicate with external auditors, compile and review supporting documentation, and responding to inquiries
- Other ad-hoc accounting tasks, as directed by management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience in fast-paced environments
- Big 4 public accounting experience and CPA, strongly preferred
- Experience in SaaS industry, strongly preferred
- Experience with financial applications such as Salesforce, Bill.com, QuickBooks and Navan, strongly preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about continuous improvements
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workloads, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Strong command of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, particularly with Excel, Google Docs, and Google Slides
Twingate is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Twingate’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.