Senior Technical Support Engineer
Software Engineering, IT, Customer Service
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Twingate is building a modern remote access solution that simplifies and improves the way businesses secure access to their cloud, SaaS, and on-prem resources. Twingate is backed by leading investors such as BOND, WndrCo, 8VC, Green Bay Ventures, SignalFire, and Dropbox founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Our investors share our belief that in a world where workforces are becoming increasingly distributed, it is critical to be able to effectively secure access to apps, data, and environments.
As part of our company culture, our belief in putting the customer first permeates our thinking in everything from our customer communications to the design process behind the product itself. If you take pride in creating experiences with the customer firmly at the center of the picture, we'd love to work with you.
Are you the type of person who can't stop looking for a solution once a mystery has been put in front of you? Are you exceptionally curious, taking pleasure in learning new things, and putting that knowledge to work? Are you obsessed with the customer experience? If so, you'll love working with Twingate's technology and our customers.
Twingate is at the cutting edge of zero trust networking technology, which means that you'll get to work with a wide range of technologies, platforms, and customer scenarios. Our customers use Twingate with everything from AS/400 mainframes to ephemeral containers in public cloud environments. Every day is different, but the commonality is that our customers depend on us to get their work done every day, and you'll be a crucial part of that success story as you work with our customers, engineering, product management, and our customer-facing teams.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be the troubleshooting champion whom partners with Twingate end users, their technical teams, and Twingate internal teams to drive issue resolution while optimizing the user experience.
- Own the outcome for the customer by doing what it takes to partner with the customer, track progress, and find the best solution.
- Work with our product and engineering teams to help us build a better product experience by getting to the root cause of customer friction and issues.
- Educate internal teams and customers alike through written communication, creating and updating documentation, and interacting in public forums.
- Quickly learn about new technologies and find creative ways to reproduce customer issues.
- Solution-oriented and comfortable working in a small team environment with processes that you will help influence and create.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one major public cloud provider (GCP, AWS, and Azure).
- Understanding of DNS infrastructure, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking stack, routing tables, and enterprise LAN/WAN environments.
- General comfort with networking, CLI, and debugging across Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms for client and server operations deployments.
- Ability to troubleshoot and research issues directly when guidance or documentation are not immediately available.
- 3+ years professional experience in a customer-facing role.
- Comfortable communicating fluently in English and express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- Experience parsing and analyzing network traces (Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Programming experience beyond an introductory level in any language.
- Ability to write basic scripts to aid debugging.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Medical (PPO, HMO, HDHP), dental and vision insurance – employees covered 100%
- Basic Life, AD&D and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare, Dependent Care and Commuter Health Savings Account
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Paid Holidays (approx. 11 days), Sick Leave (10 days), Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks), Maternity Leave (14 - 16 weeks)
- Retirement - Traditional 401k, Roth 401k
- Additional Benefits - Equity
Twingate is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Twingate’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
See more open positions at Twingate
Something looks off?