Director of Human Resources
People & HR
Santa Monica, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide; processing over $3 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
A majority of Ecommerce traffic is on a mobile device now; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to power their mobile experience. Check out our buzz on TechCrunch, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
We’re looking for a Director of Human Resources to join our growing People team!
Reporting to the SVP of People Success, the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for all aspects of HR strategy, policy, and programs for our organization. This is a strategic leadership role that requires a strong understanding of HR best practices and a proven track record of implementing and managing effective HR programs. The Director of Human Resources will work closely with our executive team and other department heads to develop and implement HR policies and programs that align with our business goals and culture.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Work as a strategic, high impact partner to the business by helping build targeted and effective HR strategies that align with our business goals and culture
- Develop and implement policies and programs within the organization related to onboarding, orientation, performance management, recruitment, retention, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and compliance.
- Build and manage a world-class People team that can support our growth, providing them with challenging opportunities to contribute to both the business and their personal development in meaningful ways
- Manage the performance management process, including performance evaluations, goal setting, and coaching
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations related to HR
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR-related issues
- Manage employee engagement initiatives, including employee surveys, recognition programs, and team-building activities
- Develop and maintain HR metrics to measure the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices related to HR
- Provide and follow benchmarks for best in class compensation structures
- Develop an innovative and inclusive employee experience strategy for a growing hybrid workforce
- Be a thought-partner to the Head of People Success in defining, articulating, and reinforcing our company culture
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience, including at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role
- Substantial knowledge of progressive HRBP leadership experience and employment laws and regulation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective HR strategies and programs at a high growth SaaS company
- Strong analytical skills and experience developing and analyzing HR metrics
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have a passion for fostering an environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive and have prior experience partnering with business functions to roll out DEI goals or initiatives that have a measurable impact
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience working at a Shopify technology partner company
- Have a good understanding of the eCommerce or Shopify ecosystem
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· 401K and stock options for all full-time employees
· Medical eligible first of the month
· Dental and Vision eligible immediately
· Unlimited PTO and 11 paid company holidays
· Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
· Frequent Happy Hours, Company-Wide Offsite Events
· A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively and remains highly collaborative, engaged, and connected.
· We pride ourselves on a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness and passion.
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Why join us?
We are on a rocket ship and just raised our Series B for $50M in June 2021: https://tcrn.ch/3dn2RiV
We raised our Series A for $10M in May 2020: builtinla.com/2020/05/19/tapcart-raises-10m-series-a-hiring
Check out what our customers are saying: https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-mobile-apps/reviews
Our current openings: https://tapcart.com/careers
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.
See more open positions at Tapcart
Something looks off?