Head of Credit (San Francisco)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 9, 2023
PayZen is on a mission to bring financial health to healthcare. Our products improve both access and affordability for patients and cash flow & administrative complexity for medical providers. We are trusted by a rapidly growing number of health systems, hospitals, and physician groups and are backed by leading venture capital investors.
About this Role
We are planning to strengthen our Risk team and are looking for a Head of Credit position that will make a difference in the lives of patients and financially strengthen the Healthcare Providers we serve. This role will have a great opportunity to apply a strong credit foundation/expertise to a novel and important context i.e. patient affordability, opportunity to work with a unique data asset, and being at the forefront of creating a new capital markets asset class.
This role will be responsible for managing credit losses and forecast potential losses and IRR for healthcare payment plans. Also drive profitability through sophisticated credit and pricing strategies. This role will manage engagements through all the lifecycle stages from enrollment to delinquency. The role is going to be responsible for providing analytics on business performance and recommendations to the Credit Committee, Board, and Investor community.
What you will do
- Credit and Pricing Strategy
- Develop reliable credit and pricing strategies for managing credit risks to enable real-time underwriting decisions for hundreds of thousands of borrowers every month.
- Build sophisticated credit strategies by leveraging multiple sources of data such as credit bureau information, application information, and alternative data sources at a large scale.
- Monitor credit performance trends and identify underperforming segments.
- Conduct root-cause analysis to recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Implement credit and collection strategies by collaborating with internal partners such as engineering and operations teams.
- Conduct retrospective analysis and implement testing to compare performance on multiple strategies to drive growth objectives.
- Loss forecasting and IRR projections -
- Enhance loss forecasting methods, IRR projections, track its performance and manage expectations.
- Senior Management and External Partner Updates -
- Conduct ongoing updates for Payzen management, Investors, and other business partners.
- Develop and automate a sophisticated dashboard to provide business intelligence on credit performance and uncover trends.
- Consistently provide performance trend insights to the management team to enable data-driven and swift business decisions.
- Build and Manage Teams of Credit Analysts -
- Manage highly skilled and talented individuals.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or related field (e.g., Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, etc.) from an accredited college or university, preferred. MBA is a plus.
- 8+ years of credit risk management experience, financial services or FinTech industry experience preferred.
- 8+ years of experience leveraging large, complex datasets for driving business decisions.
- 5+ years of experience of developing and managing team of Credit Analysts
- Knowledge and experience in consumer credit loss forecasting is a must
- Experience with communicating asset loss and return expectation with capital market audiences is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer credit risk trends.
- Be both strategic and when needed hands-on in SQL, Python etc.
What we Offer
- An opportunity to positively affect the lives of thousands of patients
- A flexible lifestyle that fits the modern work-life balance
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Highly skilled co-workers with whom you can grow your skill set
- Be a part of a team that revolutionizes medical payments in ways never seen before
- The ability to impact company values and culture in a collaborative environment - we value all comments and suggestions
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options