Fox Robotics is at the bleeding edge of warehouse automation, with a focus on autonomous forklifts. As the leader in this space, Fox has clear product market fit and is scaling fast, with plans to double from ~100 employees to nearly 200 this year alone. With this growth, employees have a once-in-a-career opportunity to learn, all while working as part of a mission-driven team focused on making robots that work.
This position is part of the Quality Team and reports directly to the Quality Manager. The Quality Technician will conduct Quality Checks on Fox Robotic’s Automated Forklifts. This role is responsible for maintaining a steady flow of robots through the Quality In-Process Inspections to ensure they meet Fox Robotics & Customer requirements. This position also requires to provide support on aleatory inventory checks, Material Review Board tasks, and potential hands-on Production support.
What you’ll do:
- Inspect FoxBots, supplier parts, and internally built components to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Document inspection results.
- Disassemble robots (if needed) to inspect individual parts.
- Communicate results of inspections and properly verify repairs/rework.
- Write non-conformance reports to document deficiencies and issues of robots and its components.
- Perform inventory checks when needed.
- Provide hands-on production support occasionally (or when required).
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers on closing non-conformance reports.
- Support on Material Review Board tasks such as retrieving and processing damaged parts from DepOps Team and storing them in the designated quarantine area.
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 Years of experience as a QA in robotics or in a Manufacturing or Industrial environment (heavy machinery/vehicles or Automotive preferred)
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Know how to use inspection tools like calipers, inclinometers, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing best practices, quality control, and non-conformance management.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Eager to learn about new technologies and being hands-on with robots and other hardware.
- Open to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Understanding of functions of voltmeter
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Nice to have:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (plus).
- GD&T knowledge
- Start-Up experience
- Lean Six Sigma Knowledge
- Know how to use the Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.)
What’s in it for you:
- A once in a career opportunity to build, alongside colleagues who deeply care (plus robots that aren’t bad, either!)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Generous healthcare options
- 401k match
- Generous PTO
- Other perks that connect us, including lunch on Fridays, team building activities, and more!
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.