Senior Firmware Engineer
As a Robotics Software Engineer working on the vehicle platform, you will own the design of embedded software features and their integration with the non-embedded side of the autonomous system. You will take an active role in cross-functional workflows to design new autonomous platforms. You will work closely with both hardware and software teams to design a performant and safe platform. Robots are cool, autonomous robots are even cooler. Some travel is required (< 20%).
What you’ll do:
- Architecture, design, and implementation of a distributed system containing multiple motor controllers, PLCs, and other embedded devices
- Design and analysis of control system for an autonomous robotic platform
- Collaboration with other engineering teams to determine requirements and interfaces
- Safety and reliability analysis of firmware systems
- Ensuring a consistently high level of quality for easy and reliable operation
- Working closely with manufacturing teams to ensure that all processes are repeatable and consistent
- Ability to establish well-written documentation of processes and systems
- Mentoring junior engineers
What you’ll need:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with designing electromechanical robotic systems
- Experience designing distributed real-time embedded systems
- Experience with bare metal programming and Linux systems
- Strong object-oriented programming background (Python or C++ heavily preferred)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Nice to have:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Robotics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience programming PLCs and/or motor controllers
- Experience with control systems
- Experience with sensors and hardware
- Experience working with Industrial Vehicles.
- Experience with CANopen, TCP/UDP, and other communication protocols.
- Experience with functional safety analysis
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Relocation assistance
- Hybrid in-person and remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully-covered healthcare
More About Fox Robotics
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader (forklift) that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our customers by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.