Robotics Calibration Technician
In this role, you will "Bring Up" our autonomous robots. This involves loading firmware on all the components in the platform layer and configuring industrial PCs and tablets. You will also calibrate and commission the robot, culminating in the robot being handed off to the deployment team for burn-in. You will have ownership of turning an off-the-shelf forklift into a fully autonomous robot. Our team is looking to add someone who is just as passionate about our work as we are.
- Comfortable working within a LINUX environment
- Apt with command line tools and command executables
- Proficient at using debugging software.
- Able to work with custom and off the shelf software tools
- Good understanding of the CAN bus and the CANopen protocol
- Able to troubleshoot electrical systems
- Passion for clean, accurate, and consistent record keeping
- Strong sense of urgency and superb time management skills
- Values emotional intelligence and has innate ability to foster a healthy cooperative company culture
- Knowledge of how to expertly resolve conflict with finesse and compassion
- Keen understanding of the value that humans bring to the workplace
- Ability to recognize personal limitations and rely on the expertise of others without feeling threatened or intimidated
- Comfortable working with engineers to identify pain points which may require the development of more tools
- Possess unwavering character and maintains composure under pressure
- Talent for written communication and intuitively know how to convey ideas and thoughts
- Understands the impact of good documentation
- Regularly documents plans so future employees can quickly get up to speed
- Excels at making difficult decisions by collecting information, asking questions, and weighing trade-offs
- Comfortable owning and learning from one’s mistakes
- Responds well to peer feedback
- Prioritizes the most impactful tasks without daily guidance
- Active listener with humility and empathy
- Naturally builds relationships with team and peers
- Able to see other’s perspectives in order to learn new things
- An engineering degree or other technical background
- Experience in robots or automation
- Experience at small companies or startup environments
- Experience with Siemens TIA and Step 7 Software
- Proficient with Curtis Integrated Toolkit (CIT) and WinVCL
- Familiar with Python and Jira
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Three weeks vacation
- Unlimited sick time
- Fully-covered healthcare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information about working at Fox Robotics, please visit foxrobotics.com/careers/.
We make robots that work.
We envision a world where robots serve as a human multiplier for dull and dangerous work. The warehousing industry, our initial area of focus, sees more than 52,000 cases of injuries every year in the US. Our first product is an automated trailer unloader that quickly demonstrates measurable value to our users by both improving efficiency while also increasing safety.
By empowering people to do more with less, we can help grow the economy, create better-paying jobs, and generate revenue to fund social services.