💛 Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA · United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
We believe that life is better when you’re with your friends, and our mission is to fill everyone’s life with rich and meaningful friendships. We do this by creating the easiest way to hear your friends’ voices throughout the day, to meet their friends, and to talk about anything. As the world goes increasingly remote, we think being with friends is more important than ever.
We take pride in being a small and productive team, with a relentless focus on building a product that people love. As a company we are well funded, with backing from a16z and dozens of the best angel investors in the world, providing us with years of runway. We love what we do and have a lot of work ahead of us. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to talk.
As a product manager on the core Clubhouse experience, you’ll be directly responsible for many of the products that our community uses every day to talk with friends: feed experience, chat listening, chat feedback, and more.
In this role, you will report to our Head of Product, Design, and Engineering and work closely with our founders, design, engineering, data science, marketing and operations teams. We are a remote friendly-company — with our headquarters in San Francisco and a strong commitment to ensuring people can do great work here and thrive without having to live near an office. This role is open to candidates across the U.S.
Who you are
- You are experienced. You’ve built incredible, highly engaging consumer products at scale. You’re an experienced product manager likely with 3+ years of experience working alongside highly effective product teams.
- You love to move quickly and build a culture of shipping. We aim to ship meaningful improvements to Clubhouse with every app release – and we release twice a week! We pride ourselves on tightly scoping new features to learn and deliver value to our users as fast as possible. You’re great at sequencing product work to ensure we ship impactful products quickly. You set aggressive goals and timelines and hit them. When you’re involved, product teams move significantly more quickly.
- You are a strong product thinker. You’re able to think deeply about user needs -- both functional and emotional -- and craft experiences that solve those needs. You have a track record of shipping products that users love.
- You take pride in what you do. You care deeply about your work. You take pride in shipping high quality products.. If something seems off, you come up with a good solution and fix it without being asked to do so. You’re proactive and people know they can count on you to get things done.
- You bias towards action. You like to build and ship - favoring practical choices, speed and a respect for sequencing. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You are willing to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is.
- You enjoy your work. You love what you do, not because you feel you have to, but because you’re so excited to create something big for the world. Your favorite thing to do is to take on a huge challenge and pull it off.
- You are a team player. You have a low-ego, put the team’s success first, and believe that fostering a collaborative and diverse environment is not only integral to the team's well-being but also crucial for driving innovation and achieving long-term success.
What you will do
- You’ll ship world-class products that the community loves. As part of the Clubhouse team, you will move fast. The best part of building our product is that we get to *talk* to our users while using the product! Every week for the last 2+ years, we have hosted a Town Hall on Clubhouse where we share updates, new product features, and solicit feedback.
- You'll collaborate with engineering to build, test, and ship features. From feature kick offs to sprint planning, you'll ensure that the team has a clear understanding behind each project and help launches move as quickly as possible.
- You'll work with our data science and UX teams to evaluate what's working and what can be improved.
- You'll own product quality for core product areas. From bug bashing to monitoring, you will work with engineering to make our product quality processes more effective.
- You’ll grow and improve rapidly. At Clubhouse you’ll be working with an incredible team, who love to learn from and teach each other. On the product team, you’ll work with our founders, designers, engineers, data scientists, and marketing to build amazing experiences that help the community grow. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, challenged by your teammates, and growing your skills on a daily basis.
- You’ll be an owner. We believe in hiring people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. Whether it’s understanding how people use our product with data, unblocking the team to move twice as fast as they do today, or crafting amazing product experiences, we’ll make sure you are always pushing yourself to new levels.
- You’ll create something meaningful. Social products allow people to connect in ways that were never before possible. When the telephone was invented, it suddenly allowed people to speak with others across the world. Thanks to FaceTime, grandparents everywhere can now watch their grandchildren grow up. At Clubhouse, you’ll be figuring out something entirely new for the world—a positive product that brings people’s voices together for deep and meaningful conversations, creates new relationships, builds empathy across cultures, entertains people, and helps people develop ideas that change the course of their lives.
This position is fully remote, and includes competitive base pay, a comprehensive health benefits package, company equity, 401k, plus additional benefits and stipends. The salary for this position is between $190,000 and $223,000. It may vary based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, specialized knowledge, skills, and the market rate for similar positions. The salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As an early team member at Clubhouse you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life.
Our users come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.