📱Software Engineer, iOS
San Francisco, CA, USA · United States · Remote
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
We believe that life is better when you’re with your friends, and our mission is to fill everyone’s life with rich and meaningful friendships. We do this by creating the easiest way to hear your friends’ voices throughout the day, to meet their friends, and to talk about anything. As the world goes increasingly remote, we think being with friends is more important than ever.
We take pride in being a small and productive team, with a relentless focus on building a product that people love. As a company we are well funded, with backing from a16z and dozens of the best angel investors in the world, providing us with years of runway. We love what we do and have a lot of work ahead of us. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to talk.
As a member of our engineering team, you’ll work closely with our founders, product, design, and data teams to solve a dynamic set of user problems and build robust, user-facing features to increase friendship in the world.
We are a remote friendly-company — with our headquarters in San Francisco and a strong commitment to ensuring people can do great work here and thrive without having to live near an office. This role is open to candidates across the U.S.
Who you are
- You are experienced. You are a seasoned iOS engineer with 4+ years of experience and have a strong command of Swift, UIKit, and some familiarity with Objective-C. You have a deep understanding of the iOS ecosystem ranging from build tools to building UI and a proven track record of building and shipping user-facing features at scale.
- You are user-focused. You have an eye for design, strive for pixel perfection, and think through the edge cases. You like thinking about user psychology and always put the user first.
- You act like an owner. You are proactive, resourceful, and enjoy highly autonomous environments. You enjoy owning user problems and working cross-functionally to convert product visions into technical solutions, strategies, and roadmaps. You work independently and understand how to efficiently prioritize and utilize your team to meet company goals.
- You’re a strong communicator. You’re a strong written and verbal communicator; you can capture the essence of complex situations quickly and communicate them to technical and non-technical partners.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You like to build and ship and have a bias towards getting things done. You thrive in fast paced environments and view ambiguity as an opportunity to lead Clubhouse closer to its mission.
- You take pride in your work. You are committed to your craft and write high-quality code while shipping the best possible user experience. You obsess over the details and are excited about creating products that leave a lasting impression.
- You are a team player.You have a low-ego, put the team’s success first, and believe that fostering a collaborative and diverse environment is not only integral to the team's well-being but also crucial for driving innovation and achieving long-term success.
What you will do
- You’ll build and ship. You’ll build new products and features to meet critical product and business needs in a scalable and performant way. You’ll write clean, well-tested, and efficient code, build observability and monitoring, improve our infrastructure and tooling and have the benefit of working with others who share your enthusiasm.
- You’ll help shape product strategy. You will get to use your own product (and talk with others while they are using it) every day, and have significant input into its development. Your ideas will always be heard.
- You’ll work collaboratively. You’ll work closely with a talented group of engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand user problems and co-create product solutions. You’ll also work closely with leadership to convert technical and product visions into tangible roadmaps.
- You’ll grow, teach, and improve rapidly. At Clubhouse you’ll be working with an incredible team, who love to learn from and teach each other. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, and growing your skills on a daily basis.
- You’ll create something meaningful. Social products allow people to connect in ways that were never before possible. When the telephone was invented, it suddenly allowed people to speak with others across the world. Thanks to FaceTime, grandparents everywhere can now watch their grandchildren grow up. At Clubhouse, you’ll be figuring out something entirely new for the world—a positive product that brings people’s voices together to help everyone have a life filled with great friendships.
This position is fully remote, and includes competitive base pay, a comprehensive health benefits package, company equity, 401k, plus additional benefits and stipends. The salary for this position is between $200,000 and $246,000. It may vary based on the applicant’s level of experience, education, specialized knowledge, skills, and the market rate for similar positions. The salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
As an early team member at Clubhouse you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life.
Our users come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.