Senior Accountant (m/f/d)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
About the company
Zeotap is the next-generation Customer Data Platform. It empowers brands to unify, enhance and activate customer data in a cookieless future, all while putting consumer privacy and compliance front-and-centre. Recognised by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Zeotap works with over 80 of the world’s top 100 brands, including P&G, Nestlé and Virgin Media. It is also the founding member of ID+, a universal marketing ID initiative.
As a Senior Accountant, you will join the Finance team and directly report to the Head of Accounting at Zeotap.
Your primary responsibility will be collaborating closely with various stakeholders throughout the organization and the team. By leveraging your expertise and continuously enhancing your skills, you will actively contribute to accounting processes and projects within Zeotap.
This role offers an opportunity for professional growth and a chance to make a meaningful impact within our dynamic company.
This role is based in Berlin (hybrid workplace).
- Perform month-end and year-end closing procedures
- Conduct reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including prepaid expenses, accruals, and fixed assets
- Take responsibility for intercompany reconciliation
- Reconcile bank accounts
- File and reconcile VAT statements for the UK and Germany
- Manage all communication with tax authorities and auditors
- Independently handle and process payroll bookings
- Identify areas for optimization and consistently implement changes to improve process productivity
- Provide hands-on support for Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) functions
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in a similar role
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or Business Administration
- Proficiency in German language and fluent in English for business communication
- Familiarity with German GAAP
- Experience with ERP Systems or Netsuite would be advantageous
- Strong communication and time management skills are essential to effectively coordinate monthly tasks across multiple work streams and departments
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards automation and a willingness to embrace new processes
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Flexible working hours & Remote-first approach
- Access to Become1 as a benefit platform to reimburse your meal, mobility, or other receipts
- 2 extra days off per year for your volunteer projects
- Fast-paced, collaborative & fun culture
- Access to Coursera as our learning platform and the opportunity to learn from very experienced colleagues
- Exposure & access to industry experts & teammates that live our values
- Work with very driven entrepreneurs & a network of global senior investors across Telco, Data, Advertising & Technology
Zeotap welcomes all – we are equal employment opportunity & affirmative action employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in joining us?
We look forward to hearing from you!
See more open positions at Zeotap
Something looks off?