Senior Accounting Manager
Wellth is a pioneering digital health company.
We seek to motivate and incentivize healthy habits for high-risk patients through individualized care plans. Our approach draws on a unique combination of behavioral economics, habit science, and cutting-edge technology to drive positive behavior and habit change among some of the US's most underserved and high-needs patient populations. Our work has produced demonstrable results, with several large health insurers reporting significant reductions in hospitalization rates by up to 44% in some cases. Our ambition is to be more than just another digital health startup; we aspire to be a category leader in the $88B health outcomes market, singularly focused on improving the lives and medical outcomes of historically hard-to-engage populations. Our work immediately impacts people's lives daily; we have served over 50,000 patients, prevented an estimated 15,000 days in the hospital, and saved 530 lives.
You will have the opportunity to solve interesting accounting and finance problems.
Some of the problems you’ll work on include:
- Streamlining financial processes to support rapid business growth and scalability.
- Enhancing financial reporting and analysis to provide clearer insights for strategic decision-making.
- Navigating complex financial regulations and ensuring compliance in a dynamic healthcare environment.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage & perform month-end financial statement close processes & day-to-day accounting activities
- Implement and uphold accounting policies per GAAP standards.
- Work closely with the CFO for strategic financial planning.
- Develop and maintain strong internal control systems.
You will be a member of a diverse and supportive team.
Reporting to the CFO, you will work with:
- Core members of the executive team
- Cross-functional teams including finance, sales, legal, and operations to integrate financial strategies with company-wide objectives.
- External partners such as auditors, regulatory bodies, and technology vendors to ensure comprehensive financial management and compliance.
You might be the candidate we’re looking for.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Over 7 years of accounting experience
- A Bachelor's in Accounting/Finance and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience managing the accounting team in a startup environment
- Proven leadership abilities and effective communication skills.
- Experience with subscription business models, and a familiarity with Xero.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets.
We expect our candidates can:
- Adapt quickly to changes in the financial landscape, particularly in the digital health sector.
- Manage the financial close while also being hands-on in the ERP (currently Xero)
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, focusing on improving financial efficiency and accuracy.
- Communicate complex financial information effectively to stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
In addition to the above, our ideal candidate has:
- Big 4 experience, industry experience, or CPA credentials are a plus
- Thrived as an individual contributor while demonstrating leadership potential
- A proven track record as a self-starter, proactively identifying problems and identifying needed process improvements
You will enjoy working with us at Wellth.
The benefits of working with us include:
- Flexible working arrangements, supporting strong remote-first practices and tools with the option to work in our excellent gathering space in Marina Del Rey.
- Robust paid time off and generous parental leave program.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and FSA/HSA plans.
- Ability to have a positive impact on people who need it most.
- Support of a highly dedicated team focused on building the future of healthcare.
Base Compensation: $120,000 - $140,000 based on experience and potential
Wellth is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.