SVP of Finance & Operations
Wellth is a pioneering digital health company that seeks to motivate and incentivize healthy habits through individualized care plans. Our approach draws on a unique combination of behavioral economics, habit science, and cutting-edge technology to drive positive behavior and habit change among some of the most underserved and high-needs patient populations in the US. Our work has produced demonstrable results, with several large health insurers reporting significant reductions in hospitalization rates, in some cases by up to 44%. Our ambition is to be more than just another digital health startup; we aspire to be a category leader in the $88B health outcomes market, singularly focused on improving the lives and medical outcomes of historically hard-to-engage populations. Our work has an immediate impact on people's lives every day, we have served over 30,000 patients, prevented an estimated 9,000 days in the hospital and 320 lives.
About the Role - SVP of Finance and Operations:
In this dual leadership role, you will lead and oversee the company's financial and operational strategy, ensuring its growth, scalability, and commitment to our mission. You will be at the helm of financial forecasting, planning, analysis, and overall company operatilth - ons. This position demands a dynamic leader who can execute long-term visions while managing short-term goals and is deeply committed to fostering an environment of innovation, integrity, and inclusivity.
We are an early-stage company, and this is a senior executive role with the opportunity to grow our finance and general operations organization over time as the business grows. You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
What You’ll Do At Wellth:
- Collaborate closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to establish the company's strategic vision, translating it into an actionable operational plan.
- Oversee all financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, budgeting, and tax compliance.
- Monitor, analyze, and respond to company trends and financial forecasts. Adjust strategies and goals accordingly.
- Responsible for reporting business effectiveness metrics to company stakeholders, investors, and the board of directors.
- Develop and scale financial and operational systems to support rapid growth and ensure financial and operational efficiency.
- Lead cross-functional teams, ensuring they're aligned on goals, priorities, and initiatives.
- Establish strong processes and systems allowing the organization to run smoothly, ensuring business health, and driving revenue and enterprise value creation.
- Drive performance management tied to key metrics/KPIs, ensuring timely and accurate financial analysis, reporting, and resource allocation.
- Support the growth and transition of the business by conducting comprehensive due diligence and skilled financial analysis of potential acquisitions and other strategic investment opportunities.
Core Experience Required:
- Proven track record in strategic financial management, preferably in the B2B, SaaS, or Tech industries. Preferable to have experience in a healthtech environment.
- Minimum of 10+ years in a leadership role with a solid background in operations, strategy, and finance.
- Previous experience leading a company through rapid scaling, from early-stage funding to significant growth milestones.
- Strong expertise in financial modeling, budgeting, and US GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to establish trust and work collaboratively across all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with high EQ.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- CPA, CFA, or other relevant certifications.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Netsuite, Xero and Carta.
What We’re Looking For In A Successful Candidate:
- A Genuine Passion for Healthcare: You believe that healthcare can be changed for the better, that people need and deserve help in improving their health and a desire to work for an organization dedicated to doing both.
- Proactive Communications (Internally & Externally): You are diligent about keeping everyone on the team informed on where things stand, what is needed, and what are next steps with key clients, investors, heads of department. If unclear, you ask questions of key stakeholders (across departments like product or sales) and are proactive in communications.
- Strategic Thinking: You are thinking about the ways in which our finances are tied to the strategic aims of the business. You can proactively anticipate needs our department leads may have given overall health of the business and market conditions.
- A Collaborative Attitude: You genuinely care about the people you work with. At Wellth, we believe in winning as a team, and we win together by supporting each other.
- An Entrepreneurial Mindset: You are scrappy and take ownership of the work within your department. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and be in the financial model. You are willing to think outside of the box to improve operations (e.g., integrating new software or tooling to make our finance processes more efficient).
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying! Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the position’s requirements.
The benefits of working with us include:
- Flexible working arrangements, supporting strong remote-first practices and tools with the option to work in our excellent gathering space in Marina Del Rey.
- Robust paid time off and generous parental leave program.
- Competitive salary & bonus structure.
- Health, dental, vision insurance, and FSA/HSA plans.
- Ability to have a positive impact on people who need it most.
- Support of a highly dedicated team focused on building the future of healthcare.
Base Compensation: Competitive compensation and equity package.
Wellth is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.