Director of Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
About Verse Medical
We’re building the software infrastructure that enables hospital-quality care, at home. As healthcare costs have increased, the patient’s home has become incredibly important as a site of care.
Yet, patients recovering at home are highly underserved. Patients can only get better at home if they receive the high-quality care that they need reliably. The existing in-home care process involves patchwork of different vendors, all connected through faxes by nurses. We’re building modern, robust software that solves this challenge. We currently work with patients and hospitals across the United States.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in technology and healthcare and have ambitious expansion plans. It’s a particularly exciting time to join the company as we’re aggressively expanding the team.
The Director of Operations role is focused on scaling operational processes at Verse. We’re growing incredibly fast and as a digital health company, ensuring that operations scales smoothly alongside usage growth is critical to our success.
What the role consists of:
- Managing our patient & provider-facing operational processes, including order troubleshooting, customer support, etc.
- Recruiting operations managers to run specific areas within operations as well as managing certain areas yourself as necessary
- Creating & documenting scalable processes and structure
- Setting & managing performance expectations for the operational functions & teams
- Managing a headcount forecast and recruiting new individuals to the team
- Diving into the details of operational bottlenecks & issues to resolve them with the team
- Fostering the low bureaucracy, high performance culture that we’ve built at Verse
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of operations experience in high velocity, high change industry
- Previous experience managing at least 5 individuals, ideally have managed other managers
- Experience setting & managing performance expectations for your team
- Strong analytical background, with a an ability to break down problems quantitatively and rely on metrics to make decisions. Excel skills required, experience with other analytical tools preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Why this role:
- Opportunity to join a high-growth environment, with significant opportunities to grow your own skills as well as your team members’
- Directly impact the company’s success by leading a major functional area within the rapidly-growing startup
- Work with various cross-functional teams and colleagues in a dynamic and innovative healthcare technology environment
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for rapid career advancement in a growing company
- 100% premium coverage for health insurance
- 401(k) with no matching at this time
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Verse Medical.