Strategy & Operations Associate
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
About Verse Medical
We’re building the software infrastructure that enables hospital-quality care, at home. As healthcare costs have increased, the patient’s home has become incredibly important as a site of care.
Yet, patients recovering at home are highly underserved. Patients can only get better at home if they receive the high-quality care that they need reliably. The existing in-home care process involves patchwork of different vendors, all connected through faxes by nurses. We’re building modern, robust software that solves this challenge. We currently work with patients and hospitals across the United States.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in technology and healthcare and have ambitious expansion plans. It’s a particularly exciting time to join the company as we’re aggressively expanding the team.
What the role consists of:
- Operationalize and scale brand-new processes and functions within the company
- Plan and execute complex business development initiatives
- Support key partnership work streams, including new partnership development and expansion of existing partnerships
- Unlike a conventional strategy role, this is a highly execution- and implementation-oriented role. Your involvement in most projects will be ongoing for many months until the team or process you’re setting up is well established
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years in a previous strategy, consulting, or investment banking role within healthcare
- Consultative, willing to take feedback and iterate accordingly
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to take on complex and ambiguous challenges with a can-do attitude. This role may occasionally require extended working hours to meet deadlines and achieve business-critical objectives
Why this role:
- Fast career progression. We’re at an inflection point as a company and want our team members to grow with us.
- Work in a low bureaucracy environment that allows you to do your job well.
- Work highly cross-functionally and learn about essentially every function within our business.