Payor Relations Associate
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
About Verse Medical
We’re building the software infrastructure that enables hospital-quality care, at home. As healthcare costs have increased, the patient’s home has become incredibly important as a site of care.
Yet, patients recovering at home are highly underserved. Patients can only get better at home if they receive the high-quality care that they need reliably. The existing in-home care process involves patchwork of different vendors, all connected through faxes by nurses. We’re building modern, robust software that solves this challenge. We currently work with patients and hospitals across the United States.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in technology and healthcare and have ambitious expansion plans. It’s a particularly exciting time to join the company as we’re aggressively expanding the team.
The Payor Relations Associate is primarily focused on building new payor relationships through enrollment in various local, regional, and national health plans. They will prioritize which plans to pursue to best drive revenue growth, apply to join those networks, and partner with the Strategy team to develop pitches that will be used during applications and negotiation.
- Execute on our payor relations strategy as an individual contributor
- Get Verse fully prepared for credentialing and apply for any required certifications
- Complete contracting applications
- Persistently follow up with payors to get status updates or escalate our applications to a higher level of the payor organization
- Track activities, applications, and payor contacts in Salesforce
- Identify issues that are hindering our payor expansion process and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to remove those roadblocks
- Prioritize plans and payors in order to drive maximum revenue growth
- Lead negotiation for payor contracts
- Work with counsel to manage the contract closing & redlining process
- Evaluate the impact & success of existing payor contracts
- 2+ years in a relevant role (e.g. in payor relations at a provider or at a health plan)
- Demonstrated expertise credentialing and contracting with new payors and in new regions
- Direct experience selling to health plans, including experience with ancillary services
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong critical thinking & analytical skills
- High degree of attention to detail