Senior Software Engineer, Platform
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of our technology stack. This includes creating strategies and systems to enable and scale our automation platform, our no-code builder, our highly customizable developer platform, and our data collection & intelligence platform. You will work closely with product, design and the rest of engineering to solve the real world problems of our customers.
Transposit is reimagining how operations teams get work done.
We’re bridging the gap between dev and ops by providing operational visibility and automated human-and-machine workflows that empower teams to optimize incident management, scale infrastructure as code practices, and modernize service request management. Built from the ground up for developers and ITOps teams, Transposit serves as the glue between tools, data, and people — increasing uptime and bringing efficiency to modern day-to-day operations. This is a massive $30B market with legacy vendors that is quickly growing as companies modernize their technology stacks.
As a core member of our engineering team, here are a few key technologies you may be responsible for building and enhancing:ExperienceAdditional Information
- Execution engine: We’re building a serverless platform that allows developers to run arbitrary functions. This engine needs to be efficient, scalable, secure, and resilient to bad actors.
- API integration platform: We’ve built a unified interface for developing against APIs on top of the OpenAPI standard. We abstract away all the nitty gritty of HTTP requests, authentication, and pagination. Our authentication platform manages all the complexities of authentication such as OAuth handshakes and manages the user identity across multiple APIs.
- Git-based persistence: We’ve built a storage layer on top of git which holds our workflows and automations. This infrastructure allows for fine-grained versioning and layered composition. This git-based persistence layer allows us to use native features such as forking, branching, and tags to build out a community of automation creators and workflow builders.
- Data collection: We are building out a rich time based dataset. The infrastructure we’ve built collects data from actions performed during an incident or maintenance event as well as communication and collaboration. These events can be configured by the customer to trigger automation. This involves a robust storage platform built on ElasticSearchand Redis, as well as queueing and scheduling systems for executing the automation.
- Multi-channel interactions: We’ve built a sophisticated abstraction layer to enable human-in-the-loop automation. Interactions can happen through a variety of interfaces (currently web and Slack, but soon MS Teams and mobile). For example in Slack, we’ve embedded metadata inside of the buttons, managing bots over many channels, and pushed Slack modals to their limits. On our web frontend, we have a real-time streaming UI for incident timelines and a complete developer web IDE.
- Intelligence: We are leveraging the continuous data stream to power the next level of intelligence that helps workers be more efficient by providing automatic document generation, suggestions and inline context.
- GraalVM: Our developer platform is built on top of the GraalVM, which allows for polyglot support in the JVM.
- Tech Stack: Java, AWS (ECS, RDS, SQS, S3), Docker, ElasticSearch, Redis, Terraform, React, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Write high quality code, balancing time-to-market, extensibility, and technical debt.
- Work across our technology stack (AWS ECS, Java, React, Typescript, GraphQL), owning features to completion.
- Author product concept documents to identify and advocate for new product directions.
- Partner with product managers and designers to understand the needs of our users and incorporate those needs into the product
- Lead and be led; teach and learn.
- Have 5+ experience with platform development
- 5+ years of Java or equivalent language experience
- First hand experience working on platforms that customers use to execute their business logic.
- First hand experience building well tested, large-scale distributed systems
- Have experience solving complex software problems in a team environment
- Experience with crafting REST APIs and version control like Git.
- Experience with application architecture stacks, including API layer, business logic, data modeling, hosting, network and UI/UX.
- Product mindset and a track record of defining outcomes, features and a delivery roadmap.
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000.00 and $170,000.00. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: work experience, qualifications, transferable skills, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Additional benefits for this role may include: equity; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.