Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
With its stunning and compact design, Tempo and all its included accessories can be tucked away and fit seamlessly into any home. We believe the combination of beautiful hardware, AI technology, and premium content is how we help our members build a lifelong habit with fitness.
The Move brings the same elevated level of personal training that comes with our flagship Tempo Studio into an even smaller footprint. Using the 3D sensors on the iPhone and Tempo’s Smart System, the Move transforms your living room into a one-on-one training session with an expert coach whenever you want.
Tempo is thriving and we’re experiencing growth of over 300% in sales. Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory, backed by $300 Million in funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
We’re looking for a mid-level (5+ yrs of experience) Product Designer to join our team at Tempo.
Forming fitness routines is a challenging problem for many. With traditional fitness options, like gyms, there are steep drop-offs after the first month(s). A range of factors is responsible, which technology and convenience have proven to help tackle.
At Tempo, with the intersection of bleeding-edge technology, content steeped in fitness science, motivating coaches, and an experience that guides you through your routines, we have the recipe to help people stay committed, and achieve their fitness goals.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with a lead designer, to bring delightful features to the market.
- Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with the E-Commerce pod members (PM, Engineers, Research, etc..) to concept and deliver high-quality designs that will be shipped to our members.
- Contribute to the whole product design lifecycle including ideation, designing wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, visual design, and creating detailed product specifications.
- Partner with user research & product analytics on understanding our members’ needs and crafting solutions that meet/exceed those needs.
- Partner with our design systems team to codify your designs, and ensure we have a scalable and coherent experience across both the Tempo Studio and Mobile Apps.
What We Offer:
- Real opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- A collaborative start-up culture made up of a talented, close-knit team
- A platform to make a meaningful impact and shape the future of our company
Please submit your portfolio/ Behance when applying for the role.