Senior Backend Engineer
Who We Are
Tempo’s mission is to give everyone the power to realize their strength and lead a healthy, full life.
It’s the first and only personal training solution that can track your motion and use that data to give you a richer and more effective workout in live and on-demand classes. Using 3D sensors and A.I., Tempo enables expert coaches to correct your form and provide personalized feedback in real-time.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tempo's all-star team includes alumni from Google, YouTube, Netflix, Airbnb, Pixar, and Orangetheory; backed by funding from Softbank, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, DCM, and Signal Fire.
About the Role
Tempo is seeking a Senior Back End Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. Using your expertise in Python, AWS, and systems architecture, you will develop robust solutions to manage our data, APIs, live video systems, and other critical back-end features.
This is a hybrid (onsite one day a week) role located in San Francisco, California.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in back-end development roles
- Strong communication skills
- Deep expertise in Python/Flask development
- Experience with AWS
- Strong knowledge of Devops and general Systems Architecture
- Expertise in scaling back-end applications and services
- Familiarity with Git and Agile best practices
- CI experience (Travis, Circle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation package with meaningful equity
- Collaborative start-up culture with a close-knit, all star team
- Comprehensive health benefits and unlimited PTO
- Health related perks - Team workouts and company fitness lab
- 401k to eligible employees
- Wellness Benefit
Anticipated salary range: $160K - $190K. This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for a SF - based individual. Compensation will ultimately depend on job-related factors including skills and experience. Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Tempo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Tempo does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Something looks off?