Head of Developer Community
About the Role We are building a broad network of Engineering and AI talent, aiming to connect the best technical talent with our portfolio companies. In this role you will both be “out in the world” at in-person events and relevant online communities to build a network of top Engineering talent with the goal of making the right connections for SignalFire and our portfolio companies as our founders scale their teams. This is a full time role based in San Francisco.
As the Head of Developer Community you’ll …
- Build a vibrant network of top technical talent across many disciplines via in-person events, involvement in online communities, the SignalFire network, your own network, and other sources
- Connect with all relevant online technical communities to establish SignalFire’s presence and actively engage where appropriate
- Create and drive ongoing engagement with this talent network via scalable programs, including targeted email/content, events, and other community-building mechanisms
- Establish a content roadmap and author and drive a series of blogs, emails, and guest posts to feed the ongoing engagement with the network
- Systematize identifying portfolio needs and connecting the right talent in the network with those opportunities, working cross-functionally with the SignalFire Talent team and other teams
- Develop and manage a set of key metrics and analytics to track network growth, population by specialty, intros to portfolio companies, and successful hires
That said, these responsibilities are just the beginning! As we continue to grow, we encourage you to contribute wherever you observe opportunities in the business that align with your interests.
About you You’ll thrive as the Head of Developer Community if you:
- Are stellar at relationship-building and communication, especially with in-demand technical talent
- Possess a collaborative get-it-done attitude
- Are experienced at running structured multi-channel campaign strategies as a means to activate and nurture target relationships
- Have already developed a network of great startup engineering and AI talent, and a desire to expand that network further
- Enjoy navigating change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with relevant tools and products such as CRMs, email campaign tools, analytics dashboards, SQL, IDEs, and programming languages
- Active coding work and contributions to open source projects is a plus
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the position’s requirements.
About SignalFire SignalFire is the first venture capital firm built like a technology company to better solve for the needs of founders. The core of its value-add is Beacon, the AI engine SignalFire has been refining since the firm's launch in 2013. Beacon tracks more than 600 million employees and 80 million companies to guide the fund’s investing and assist portfolio companies with scaling their teams and revenue. SignalFire also helps early-stage founders navigate the toughest parts of building a company at every stage, with expert advisors, 200 skill-building workshops a year, and an in-house team of recruiters, data scientists, PR experts and go-to-market leaders. With over $2.1 billion in assets under management, SignalFire focuses on investing from seed to scale. The firm’s key sectors include AI/ML, developer tools, B2B saas, healthcare, cybersecurity, and consumer.
- 100% premium coverage for Platinum PPO/Dental/Vision/LTD Employee + Dependents
- 401(k) provided but unmatched
- $75/mo gym benefit + $75/mo phone coverage
- Lunches and dinners in the office (San Francisco South Park Area)
- Flexible PTO
Location: San Francisco, CA
The salary range for this position is $160,000 - $220,000 annually, which is reflective of a position based in San Francisco, CA. This salary will be subject to geographic adjustment if authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting. Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.