Head of Ecosystem
SignalFire is looking for a Head of Ecosystem to increase our depth of support for our amazing early-stage portfolio companies. Our ecosystem includes trusted Mentors to guide our founders, Specialists that can dig in on execution, and a community of founders, customers, and strategic partners across a range of industry sectors. Success will be measured by the positive impact of these programs on our portfolio - in revenue growth, acceleration of product-market fit, skill-building within founding teams, and creation of sustainable communities across our portfolio and target customer groups.
- Lead and manage SignalFire’s Mentor and Specialist program, recruiting and managing a roster of functional experts and their contributions to our portfolio companies. Define a set of scalable programs along with success metrics and measurement systems to ensure our Mentors and Specialists deliver maximum value.
- Identify and create relationships with key customer contacts and strategic partners to facilitate introductions to our portfolio for feedback on product-market fit, scaling revenue, and relationship-building for potential future investments. Build a set of programs to create community and ease introductions and partnerships.
- Define a community strategy and approach with our portfolio companies and iterate with online/offline programs to create a vibrant and supportive community in and outside our portfolio.
- You have experience identifying exceptional and experienced talent and building productive relationships with them in service of founders and/or their companies. You have a passion for deeply understanding people and a bias to creating the optimal win-win in any relationships you forge.
- You have built and operated vibrant communities within the startup ecosystem (or related environments) and understand the art and science of fomenting effective interactions and self-sustaining groups.
- You care deeply about entrepreneurs, developers, and emerging tech. You spend time regularly reading tech news and are a fast study when it comes to new technology.
- You are a creative, scrappy self-starter with an ownership mentality. You get excited by the ability to develop and execute strategy and can pull people in as needed.
- You can juggle lots of projects and meet deadlines while still sweating the details and optimizing for ROI/effectiveness.
- You collaborate well with different personalities and are a team player (we are a group that plays soccer, not tennis ;-))
- You are creative and not afraid to draw outside the lines and do things differently
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience leading communities and/or partnerships/partner enablement, with 7-9 years overall experience in a go-to-market or related team.
SignalFire is the first venture capital firm built like a technology company to better solve for the needs of founders. The core of its value-add is Beacon, the AI engine SignalFire has been refining since the firm's launch in 2013. Beacon tracks over 495 million employees and 80 million companies to guide the fund’s investing and assist portfolio companies with scaling their teams and revenue. SignalFire also helps early-stage founders navigate the toughest parts of building a company at every stage, with expert advisors, 200 skill-building workshops a year, and an in-house team of recruiters, data scientists, PR experts and go-to-market leaders. With over $1.8 billion in assets under management, SignalFire focuses on leading seed rounds while opportunistically investing in Series A and B rounds. Our key sectors include AI/ML, developer tools, healthcare, and cybersecurity, with notable investments such as Frame.io, Grammarly, Flock Freight, Ro, and Stampli.
- 100% premium coverage for Platinum PPO/Dental/Vision/LTD Employee + Dependents
- 401(k) provided but unmatched
- $75/mo gym benefit + $75/mo phone coverage
- Lunches and dinners in the office (San Francisco South Park Area)
- Unlimited PTO
Location: San Francisco, CA
The salary range for this position is $225k to $300k, which is reflective of a position based in San Francisco, CA. This salary will be subject to geographic adjustment if authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.