Head of Research
SignalFire is the first venture capital firm structured like a technology company. We take a human + technology approach to investing and are comprised of world-class investors, operators, and engineers building tools and infrastructure to help with the most common founder pain points—recruiting, business development, and customer acquisition. In addition, our network of 75+ advisors gives founders access to some of the world’s best entrepreneurs, product minds, and engineering leaders in virtually every key discipline and industry. We are based in San Francisco and have over $2.9B in regulatory assets under management.
SignalFire is looking for a Head of Research to lead our usage of data and insights to create strategic advantage for SignalFire and its portfolio companies. You’ll be in a cross-functional role that works with our engineering/data science, investment, and portfolio teams. You will be responsible for:
- Using key performance metrics and analysis to improve SignalFire team effectiveness across the investment, portfolio, and engineering teams.
- Supporting SignalFire investment strategy via the creation of market maps, custom data analyses, and analyzing wider VC market behavior.
- Playing a key stakeholder role in the Engineering team’s Beacon product, including helping drive product vision and direction.
- Supporting content and marketing efforts across the firm with bespoke data analysis and insights.
- Managing a Research Analyst and guiding the strategy behind the portfolio-facing side of the Research team.
- At least 7 years of experience in Data Science or Data Analytics at a data-driven tech company, with expert-level proficiency in Python (or R) and SQL.
- 3+ years experience delivering Product or Revenue analytics and insights; good understanding of key KPIs and business analytics
- Strong coding skills: you can write, debug, and test production-level code.
- You are a self-starter and don’t require a lot of direction. You get excited by the ability to develop and execute strategy and can pull people in as needed.
- You care deeply about entrepreneurs, developers, and emerging tech. You spend time regularly reading tech news and are a fast study when it comes to new technology; you actively engage with the broader community in your profession
- Bonus if you have experience leading a team of data analysts or scientists.
- 100% premium coverage for Platinum PPO/Dental/Vision/LTD Employee + Dependents
- 401(k) provided but unmatched
- $75/mo gym benefit + $75/mo phone coverage
- Lunches and dinner in the office (San Francisco South Park Area)
- Unlimited PTO
Location: San Francisco, CA
The salary range for this position is $225k to $275k, which is reflective of a position based in San Francisco, CA. This salary will be subject to geographic adjustment, if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.