SignalFire Director of Marketing
SignalFire is the first venture capital firm structured like a technology company. We take a human + technology approach to investing and are comprised of world-class investors, operators, and engineers building tools and infrastructure to help with the most common founder pain points—recruiting, business development, and customer acquisition. In addition, our network of 75+ advisors gives founders access to some of the world’s best entrepreneurs, product minds, and engineering leaders in virtually every key discipline and industry. We are based in San Francisco and have over $2.9B in regulatory assets under management.
SignalFire is looking for a Director of Marketing to lead the strategy and execution of various marketing programs for the firm, targeted at both founders and investors. You’ll be responsible for building our brand, creating thought leadership, and driving awareness through a range of marketing programs. Success will be measured by unaided awareness, engagement with outreach, content, events, and online community, inbound inquiries via email and our website, online mentions in mainstream media, blogs, and social, and an increase in our deal flow.
- Refine the brand and voice for SignalFire as a firm and ensure all aspects of our external programs consistently reinforce the brand
- Create and execute a Marketing plan that targets three key audiences: early-stage founders, top talent, and LPs/investors, driving higher unaided awareness, positive consideration, and high-quality deal flow from founders and inbound interest from potential LPs
- Use our various assets, including our extensive data, existing founders, advisors, market maps, events, and content to reinforce our value proposition
- Work across our team to identify our internal experts and give them a voice in the market to drive thought leadership and bolster our reputation
- Utilize a disciplined test and learn approach to determine relevant organic and paid channels to reach our audience and drive outcomes; measure and analyze key metrics to continuously optimize program effectiveness
- Define and manage the Marketing budget and any necessary contract resources
- You are an experienced marketer with a track record of building businesses, producing great content in the tech or startup space, and driving growth with data-driven demand generation programs
- You are a self-starter and don’t require a lot of direction. You get excited by the ability to develop and execute strategy and can pull people in as needed.
- You care deeply about entrepreneurs, developers, and emerging tech. You spend time regularly reading tech news and are a fast study when it comes to new technology.
- You can juggle lots of projects and meet deadlines while still sweating the details and optimizing for ROI/effectiveness.
- You collaborate well with different personalities and are a team player (we are a group that plays soccer, not tennis ;-))
- You are creative and not afraid to draw outside the lines and do things differently
- You ideally have at least 4-5 years of experience in Marketing at a top enterprise company that sold to startups (e.g., AWS, Atlassian, Salesforce, etc.) along with 2-3 years of marketing at an early-stage company. 6-8 total years of experience in marketing or related fields.