Full Stack Web Application Developer (Remote)
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Scope AR is the pioneer of enterprise-class augmented reality solutions, delivering the industry’s only cross-platform AR tools for getting workers the knowledge they need, when they need it. The company is revolutionizing the way enterprises work and collaborate by offering AR tools that provide more effective and efficient knowledge-sharing to conduct complex remote tasks, employee training, product and equipment assembly, maintenance and repair, field and customer support, and more.
The company’s device-agnostic technology supports smartphones, tablets and wearables, making it easy for leading organizations like Johnson & Johnson, Danaher, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, and others to leverage AR as a new way to scale their organizations globally, with greater efficiency.
Working at Scope AR provides you the opportunity to have a real and major impact on the way products around the globe get created and how work gets done.
We’re looking for web developers with strong back-end and front-end talent, a passion for writing great code, and customer-centricity in making decisions. In this position, you will work on our core web services that support our market-leading WorkLink Augmented Reality Work Instruction product, building out features and integrations with external services.
As an AI-first company, we are passionate about leveraging AI technology in both our product's capabilities as well as how we build it. We see AI as a huge opportunity to improve our productivity and our product's capabilities and are looking for others to join our team with a similar passion.
- Own all aspects of implementing assigned product features
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of our web applications and APIs
- Ensure code meets the highest standards of information security requirements
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Continually learn how to improve your craft
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Passion for learning AI and LLMs and finding new ways to leverage them in software development
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving coding standards and development technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art and best practices in design and architectural patterns
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
- Ability to build and deploy well-tested code in a timely and efficient manner
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable being self-directed
- Comfortable in Linux/Bash
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Familiar with Agile software development processes
- Experience designing and maintaining highly available REST APIs
- Familiar with Amazon AWS or other IaaS/PaaS platforms
- Experience with Docker or other containerization platforms
- Experience with Networking
- Ability to work in many different technologies
We're growing our team quickly, so if you like solving hard problems, want to have real influence at work and have the skills listed above, we'd love to hear from you!