AR Web Application Developer (Remote)
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Scope AR is the pioneer of enterprise-class augmented reality solutions, delivering the industry’s only cross-platform AR tools for getting workers the knowledge they need, when they need it. The company is revolutionizing the way enterprises work and collaborate by offering AR tools that provide more effective and efficient knowledge-sharing to conduct complex remote tasks, employee training, product and equipment assembly, maintenance and repair, field and customer support, and more.
The company’s device-agnostic technology supports smartphones, tablets and wearables, making it easy for leading organizations like Johnson & Johnson, Danaher, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, and others to leverage AR as a new way to scale their organizations globally, with greater efficiency.
Working at Scope AR provides you the opportunity to have a real and major impact on the way products around the globe get created and how work gets done.
We’re looking for developers with strong back-end and front-end talent, a passion for writing great code, and a special focus on 3D web environments and AR-based development. In this position, you will work on our core web services that support our market-leading WorkLink Augmented Reality Work Instruction product. You will play a critical role in building out features, enhancing user experience with 3D interactions, and integrating with external services, all to support immersive AR instructions.
- Own all aspects of implementing assigned product features
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code with a particular emphasis on 3D capabilities and AR integration
- Ensure all code is properly architected and unit tested
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of our web applications and APIs
- Ensure code meets the highest standards of information security requirements
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in 3D processing and AR rendering, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Continually learn and innovate, improving your craft, particularly in 3D graphics, AR technology, and related areas
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience, particularly in WebGL, Three.js, and experiences with 3D, transformations, linear algebra, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with React.js (classes, functional components, hooks)
- Strong experience with NodeJs, ThreeJS, WebGL, and/or Typescript
- Extensive knowledge of web stacks, libraries, and frameworks
- Actively using AI tools for development
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks, such as Jest
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving coding standards and development technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art and best practices in design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
- Ability to build and deploy well-tested code in a timely and efficient manner
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable being self-directed
- Comfortable in Linux/Bash
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Hands-on experience with AR-based projects
- 3D CAD experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiar with Agile software development processes
- Familiar with CI/CD tools, such as CircleCI
- Experience with React
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiar with Amazon AWS or other IaaS/PaaS platforms
- Experience with Docker or other containerization platforms
- Ability to work in many different technologies, especially those involving interactive 3D elements
We're growing our team quickly, so if you like solving hard problems, want to have real influence at work and have the skills listed above, we'd love to hear from you!