VP/SVP of Product Design
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 8, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
Ro, the leading healthcare technology company revolutionizing patient experiences, is seeking an exceptional Senior Vice President (SVP) of Product Design. As a visionary leader, you will play a pivotal role in bringing Ro's mission to life and shaping the future of healthcare through our vertically integrated platform. Reporting directly to our Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for setting Ro's product design strategy, driving innovation, and scaling the design team and culture during our scaling phase.
What You'll Do:
- Champion, grow, mentor, lead, and drive the product design team: You will inspire and empower a talented team of product designers, elevating their skills and driving excellence in design execution across all our vertically integrated products. Your leadership will raise the bar for design practices and establish Ro as a design-driven organization.
- Set the design vision, practices, and goals: With your exceptional product and brand design vision, you will define the strategic direction of Ro's design efforts. You will establish best-in-class design practices, ensuring that every detail reflects Ro's commitment to putting the patient at the center of our decision-making process.
- Lead by example: As a role model for the team, you will exemplify design excellence and foster a collaborative and inclusive environment. Through your guidance, you will establish a strong design culture that encourages creativity, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Oversee a patient-centric design strategy: You will develop and execute a design strategy that places the patient experience at the heart of every product decision. By conducting high-quality research, you will gain deep insights into patient needs and preferences, driving the development of intuitive and user-friendly solutions.
- Be a strategic business partner: You will collaborate closely with Ro's Product, Engineering, Data, Brand, and Growth leaders to align design initiatives with overall business objectives. Your ability to build solid cross-functional relationships will be crucial in driving seamless collaboration and achieving impactful outcomes.
- Promote a positive and inclusive environment: Ro values diversity and inclusivity, and you will foster a culture that celebrates and respects different perspectives. By promoting a positive and inclusive environment, you will empower your team to thrive and contribute their best work.
What You'll Bring:
- Extensive experience in Product Design: You have 15+ years of experience in product design, with a track record of delivering exceptional user-centered solutions within the B2C space designing and leading consumer-facing experiences. You possess a deep understanding of design principles and have a strong belief in Ro's mission and principles.
- Leadership and team-building expertise: You have 10+ years of experience managing large design teams and scaling design practices in a high-growth company. You excel in attracting and recruiting top design talent and have a proven ability to build and nurture diverse and high-performing teams.Design methodology proficiency: You are experienced in utilizing Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Agile development methods to drive effective design processes and deliver impactful results.
- Storytelling: You are able to use narratives, visuals, and design elements to effectively communicate the purpose, features, and benefits of a product. You can craft a compelling and cohesive story that resonates with the audience, inspires and engages teams, aligning everyone towards achieving the product's goals and overall business objectives. You build emotional connections, foster collaboration, and drive successful product adoption and market success.Exceptional design portfolio: Your portfolio showcases your outstanding design taste and a thoughtful approach to creating user-centered products. It demonstrates your ability to blend visual UI design with product usability seamlessly.
- Hands-on mentality: While leading and guiding your team, you are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting hands-on with high-leverage projects and initiatives. You lead by example and understand the value of active participation.
- Cross-functional collaboration skills: Your ability to navigate complex relationships and influence stakeholders is critical to driving successful outcomes.
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
Join Ro in revolutionizing healthcare and making a profound impact on patient lives. As the SVP of Product Design, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare technology and contribute to Ro's mission of being a patient's first call.
The target base salary for this position ranges from $302,000 to $355,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.