Remote Cardiac Exercise Physiologist - Contractor only
Empower everyone to live a long, full and optimal life by redefining the future of heart health.
1 in 3 humans die of heart disease - it's time to change that.
We're designing heart health from the ground up so that humans can live fuller lives. We're building technology to accelerate recovery after a cardiac event. And we're optimizing health stacks to realize preventive and aspirational goals.
Recora is redefining the future of heart health — we invite you to join us on this mission.
Recora was founded in 2020 by seasoned digital health entrepreneurs. In past roles, we've founded and scaled high-growth startups, run large health systems, advised government programs, built technology you use every day, and provided healthcare for millions of lives.
We're backed by leading VCs including SignalFire, Pear, GFC , 2048, Great Oaks, MGV and more. Over the last year, we've built the leading virtual cardiac recovery and management platform for members with cardiac conditions. For every member we serve, we add an average of five years to their lifespan.
We're growing – fast. Our member base is doubling every month and we're looking to 3x our team size quickly. This will allow us to scale nationally and accelerate product development across the continuum of heart health.
Who We Are
We are innovators at heart. This driving force guides us to create, build, partner, and operate at the highest levels. We seek answers to some of the hardest problems in technology and healthcare and enjoy the process of finding unexplored solutions.
We're a group of diverse, thoughtful and humble folks. Having worked in organizations of every size and shape, we know that people make or break teams. An open, ego-free and supportive culture is central to making the best team of people at Recora.
As a team, we love our work and love working together. We take ownership in Recora and strive to grow personally and professionally in service of our mission. Because we enjoy hard problems and value growth, we can celebrate both challenges and excellence in equal measure.
What we're looking for
We’re working to deliver exercise and wellness for the older adult, initially focusing on cardiovascular disease. Our team consists of mission-driven clinicians, engineers, and scientists attacking this problem using evidence-based research and guidelines.
We are seeking experienced Exercise Physiologists to lead our members in exercise and wellness. You’ll make an impact by preventing future cardiac events in people who aren’t getting any exercise.
- Reviews patient health information prior to goal setting session
- Work with patients on exercises for our focus populations, typically older adults with cardiovascular issues (over telehealth/videoconferencing platform)
- Implements exercise plans according to current professional and organization standards
- Reviews patients progress, evaluating compliance and patient response to exercise
- Leads group exercise sessions for individuals with similar health issues
- Updates exercise programs in collaboration with the clinical operations team and medical director
- Documents all information in an accurate, concise, and timely manner
- Works with our team of health coaches, nurses, physicians, and technologists to improve our services
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not necessary.
Your Past Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for helping people change their lives
- Dependable, tech-savvy, detail-oriented with positive personality
- Bachelors of Science in exercise or applied physiology, kinesiology or sports medicine
- 2+ years experience as an exercise physiologist or trainer, focused on helping patients with their cardiovascular health
- Ideal candidates would have Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) certification or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) certification
Note: This is a 1099 Contractor position only.