Remote Health Coach - Contractor only
Empower everyone to live a long, full and optimal life by redefining the future of heart health.
1 in 3 humans die of heart disease - it's time to change that.
We're designing heart health from the ground up so that humans can live fuller lives. We're building technology to accelerate recovery after a cardiac event. And we're optimizing health stacks to realize preventive and aspirational goals.
Recora is redefining the future of heart health — we invite you to join us on this mission.
Recora was founded in 2020 by seasoned digital health entrepreneurs. In past roles, we've founded and scaled high-growth startups, run large health systems, advised government programs, built technology you use every day, and provided healthcare for millions of lives.
We're backed by leading VCs including SignalFire, Pear, GFC , 2048, Great Oaks, MGV and more. Over the last year, we've built the leading virtual cardiac recovery and management platform for members with cardiac conditions. For every member we serve, we add an average of five years to their lifespan.
We're growing – fast. Our member base is doubling every month and we're looking to 3x our team size quickly. This will allow us to scale nationally and accelerate product development across the continuum of heart health.
Who We Are
We are innovators at heart. This driving force guides us to create, build, partner, and operate at the highest levels. We seek answers to some of the hardest problems in technology and healthcare and enjoy the process of finding unexplored solutions.
We're a group of diverse, thoughtful and humble folks. Having worked in organizations of every size and shape, we know that people make or break teams. An open, ego-free and supportive culture is central to making the best team of people at Recora.
As a team, we love our work and love working together. We take ownership in Recora and strive to grow personally and professionally in service of our mission. Because we enjoy hard problems and value growth, we can celebrate both challenges and excellence in equal measure.
What we're looking for
Recora is hiring a Health Coach to join our cardiac recovery program to partner with our users to provide personalized care for cardiac recovery patients. In this role, you will partner with our exercise physiologists, patient experience, product, and marketing teams to support patients via chat, track individual progress, and provide feedback and support for patients. The right person for this role is familiar with the management of cardiac conditions, CHF, other chronic conditions, smoking cessation, women’s health, substance abuse, mental health, or recent nutrition, and exercise trends.
- Managing a panel of patients in cardiac recovery following a recent cardiac event.
- Advising on and creating health content to help people increase physical activity, eat better, sleep well, quit smoking, and manage stress
- Completing initial assessments for patients starting on their cardiac recovery journey.
- Problem-solving and supporting individuals’ current and evolving goals
- Adapting in-clinic best practices to a remote-care delivery model
- Reviewing Nutrition Assessment, Exercise Assessment, Psychosocial Assessment, and Signs/ Symptoms Assessment with cardiac patients.
- Translating the latest up-to-date, evidence-based best practices for chronic condition management into a relatable and empowering approach
- Motivating and educating patients to start cardiac recovery journey.
Your Past Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience helping people manage their health, ideally in a clinical setting and/or a remote health coaching setting
- A degree in a health-related field
- Experience with counseling or education of disease management in a medical setting as well as recent nutrition and exercise trends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for helping people change their lives
- A diversity- and inclusion-first mindset
- Detail-oriented and team-first mindset
- A resourceful nature, and creativity to help people engage in their health
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (optional)
- Bonus Points Experience Coaching in smoking cessation, women’s health, mental health counseling
Note: This is a 1099 Contractor position only.