Location: Bay Area, Seattle, Los Angeles or New York City required
Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) is one of the world’s largest asset classes plagued with poor quality data and archaic tools. And because the valuable private building data is trapped in a complex and rapidly evolving IT ecosystem, even the most sophisticated owners/operators and creditors struggle to use data to their competitive advantage.
Founded in 2018, Prophia is the only company that has designed and built a machine learning driven data management platform that helps commercial real estate organizations drive the financial performance of their assets. We are a Series A stage company, having raised over $15m of venture capital to date to deliver trusted data to our customers, providing them with more time, insights, and risk management. Currently, we are operating as a distributed team, with most employees based in the San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle, with additional employees located in the Midwest and East Coast.
About the role
Prophia is looking for a thoughtful, honest, and ambitious sales professional with a proven track record of success. Primary responsibilities include:
- Execute on an outbound sales strategy with a focus on developing relationships and networking with commercial property owners, investors and operators in designated territory
- Research prospects and generate leads via phone, email, face to face and social networking
- Meet personal monthly and quarterly sales targets, contributing to overall company revenue growth
- Build and maintain professional network, captured in CRM database
- Guide prospects through the sales process with empathy and industry and product knowledge
- Prepare and send quotes and proposals to prospects
- Collaborate with Prophia’s Customer Success team to make a positive impact on our customers that translates to long-term customer relationships
To be successful in this role, candidates must:
- Have innate strong networking skills and be “professionally persistent”
- Be energized by evangelizing innovative new approaches to customers and prospects
- Recognize the value in collaborating with others to reach lofty goals
- Demonstrate a willingness to become an expert in the commercial real estate industry and the solutions we provide to our customers
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be excited to join a new technology company taking on a huge industry opportunity
This is a chance to make a massive impact on the growth of Prophia. Our product has an excellent track record of closing and retaining marquee customers. We are looking to build on that success with the help of an experienced sales professional who has an applicable network and knowledge of the industry.
- 3+ years of experience in a quota carrying sales role
- Quantifiable track record of consistently meet or beat quota targets
- Self-starter personality
- Comfortable with the ambiguity that comes with rapidly-changing environments, which includes contributing to evolving sales processes
- Exceptional listening skills and a quick learner; clear and concise written and verbal communication abilities
- The ability to quickly gain trust and cultivate new relationships, build empathy for customers, and have passion for helping them succeed
- Ability to travel
If you think we may be a good fit for each other, we encourage you to apply! We will get back to you within a week. If we move forward, here is our typical interview process.
- A 30 minute phone call with a member of Prophia’s People Team to understand your high-level background and to discuss logistics and expectations.
- A 45 minute video call with the hiring manager for the role to dig deeper into your background, relevant skills and early stage startup and/or CRE experience.
- A virtual onsite final round! This stage includes 4-5 interviews with other members of the team focused on Prophia’s company values and how you would demonstrate them if you were to join the organization.
- A mock demo of a product you have sold before or with which you are comfortable doing a 10-15 minute pitch. This will include a Q&A to demonstrate your product knowledge and objection handling skills.
Compensation for this role is comprised of a base salary ranging between $75-90k and an OTE of up to $130,000 annually. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications and experience. Your total compensation package also includes:
- Equity compensation
- An amazing team and work environment
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Retirement plan (401K)
- Flexible vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
Prophia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.