Strategic Account Executive (Bay Area)
Prophecy is a rapidly growing startup that has solved the false dichotomy of having to choose between visual tools and code. We offer a self-service data transformation platform for the enterprise that provides a complete product, combining the power of code with the usability of visual ETL tools to deliver a zero-compromise solution. With Prophecy, data analysts can serve themselves and transform data at parity with the best programming data engineers, while data engineers can build and share standards and focus on other higher value activities. Prophecy breaks down the silos between these two crucial groups enabling greater communication and collaboration.
Prophecy is trusted by top Fortune 500 firms to replace their legacy ETL tools as they re-platform to the Cloud or Apache Spark. Fresh off our Series B funding, We're backed by top VCs and on the path to establishing ourselves as the leader on the cloud.
About the Role
Our Account Executives target and close new business with some of today’s most innovative companies. In this role, you’ll both nurture inbound leads in your territory with marketing-led support as well as prospect into a target list of select accounts. You will do this by driving opportunities through the entire sales cycle from pipeline generation to closure, employing a value-oriented sales methodology with a focus on use cases spanning customer data and marketing activation. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion for becoming an expert in Prophecy’s product capabilities, business impact, and competitive advantages and loves to build long-lasting relationships with customer needs at the center.
You must be based in the Bay Area to be considered for this opportunity.
- Close new logos and expand existing business within an assigned territory, meeting and exceeding sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities
- Leverage and coordinate cross-functional internal teams (Sales Development, Legal, Engineering, Security, Marketing, Product) to efficiently navigate complex sales cycles
- Maintain, build and own specific relationship maps for your territory, including existing relationships and aspirational contacts
- Lead compelling presentations of Prophecy’s product and vision to a broad range of audiences, from c-level executives to individual contributors
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively handling your pipeline of opportunities
In your first 30 days, you will learn about Prophecy and will be able to pitch the product proficiently. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully engage with existing accounts and grasp the sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have built cross-functional relationships and will have started building your strategy for account penetration.
After three months, you'll have a sound plan for account strategy and mapping. You have started building relationships with several leaders across your region and are beginning to understand their challenges and how Prophecy can help solve them.
After six months, you will have 3x your quota in the pipeline and will have at least 3-6 POCs in process.
- 7+ years of experience selling enterprise solutions and demonstrated success in software sales within the ecosystem or adjacent technologies
- Experience leading large and complex sales cycles within the C-Level at Fortune 500 companies
- Must have prior experience in the Data space or a highly technical industry
- A consultative and value-based approach to selling software for cloud, on-premise and hybrid deployments
- The ability to assess customer needs and build valuable, trusted relationships at all levels
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Expert time management and resource skills
Benefits and Perks
- Prophecy covers 99% of employee health insurance and 75% for dependents
- Very competitive compensation- 300,000- 340,000 OTE
- We offer $200 per month towards wellness, classes, gyms, massages, facials, and more!
- Celebrate your birthday and anniversary with a day off!
- Flexible PTO
- Prophecy provides employees with a $500 professional development reimbursement every year
- Company sponsored Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Ability to have your fingerprint on an innovative platform
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- And more!
*Benefits and perks may vary per country
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Prophecy, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Prophecy are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and any other protected characteristics.