Backend Engineer - Transpiler
Prophecy is a rapidly growing startup enabling all the data users to visually build data pipelines with modern software practices including code on Github using its Low-Code Data Engineering Platform.
Prophecy is trusted by top Fortune 500 firms to replace their legacy ETL tools as they re-platform to the Cloud or Apache Spark. We're very well funded, backed by top VCs, and on the path to establishing ourselves as the leader on the cloud.
Prophecy is a Core Technology and Deep-IP company with engineering centered in India. Prophecy engineers often say that they have never worked in a more productive, higher horsepower organization in their careers. The engineers love their work, are being challenged, and are doing the best work of their careers.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an early engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup starting in Prophecy’s India engineering center. You will be working with a team of dynamic engineers who take pride in solving complex problems.
We're seeking A players to work with A players. We're a high-growth company on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to revolutionize the way data engineering is done. Be a part of it.
The impact you will have
Drive next-generation revolution in Data Engineering
Be part of patent-pending Prophecy Transpiler development that automatically converts AbInitio, Informatica, and other ETL workloads to high-quality Spark code that is imported into Prophecy along with the new workloads to modernize the old generation data engineering stack of large enterprises.
Design/Develop/Deliver: End-to-End Ownership
You will design, code, test, and launch a new set of features for Prophecy Transpiler.
In Prophecy we encourage and give environments to engineers to overachieve their own limits. Set up your own metrics, and improve them iteratively under the guidance of senior expert engineers.
Own the features end to end as a founder/ceo from the requirement to delivery. We don’t believe in hierarchy, the number of years of experience. Manage your own career growth.
What You'll Need
- 1-3 years of backend programming experience in solving a deep-tech problem.
- Experience with Scala or functional programming.
- Knowledge of Spark internals puts you in front of everyone else.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Strong desire to work in a not well-structured, fast-moving startup environment.
- B Tech or above degree in CS or equivalent.
- Experience with compilers and/or databases including parsers and optimizers or willingness to solve challenging problems in these domains.
- Experience around CPU, GPU, or embedded compiler experience is also great to have.
- Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that help guide us towards a long-term vision.
Benefits and Perks
- Great company culture.
- Competitive compensation.
- Fair and Open Equity awards for everyone.
- Amazing work.
- Private medical insurance.
- Manage your own growth and career.
- Experience building a transformative product.
- High learning opportunity.
- End-to-end ownership of your project.