Prophecy is a rapidly growing startup that has solved the false dichotomy of having to choose between visual tools and code. We offer a self-service data transformation platform for the enterprise that provides a complete product, combining the power of code with the usability of visual ETL tools to deliver a zero-compromise solution. With Prophecy, data analysts can serve themselves and transform data at parity with the best programming data engineers, while data engineers can build and share standards and focus on other higher value activities. Prophecy breaks down the silos between these two crucial groups enabling greater communication and collaboration.
Prophecy is trusted by top Fortune 500 firms to replace their legacy ETL tools as they re-platform to the Cloud or Apache Spark. Fresh off our Series B funding, We're backed by top VCs and on the path to establishing ourselves as the leader on the cloud.
The impact you will have
Design/Develop/Deliver: End-to-End Ownership
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of engineering development and solution experience in solving a deep-tech problem
- Ability to understand complex data engineering setup and build a migration architecture to move them from old legacy data engineering practices to modern state-of-the-art solutions using Prophecy
- Deep Experience with big data tools and technologies.
- Great problem-solving skills in a big data environment
- Proficient with Python or Scala language.
- Experience building 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets from various business applications.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role - preferably solution engineering, or willingness to do such a role.
- Travel to customer offices occasionally if needed (< 10%)
- Knowledge of Spark internals and experience with Scala or other functional programming puts you in front of everyone else
- Strong desire to work in a not well-structured, fast-moving startup environment
- B Tech or above degree in CS or equivalent
Benefits and Perks
- Great company culture.
- Competitive compensation.
- Fair and Open Equity awards for everyone.
- Amazing work.
- Private medical insurance.
- Manage your own growth and career.
- Experience building a transformative product.
- High learning opportunity.
- End-to-end ownership of your project.