Product Support Specialist
Prophecy is a rapidly growing startup enabling all the data users to visually build data pipelines with modern software practices including code on Github using its Low-Code Data Engineering Platform.
Prophecy is trusted by top Fortune 500 firms to replace their legacy ETL tools as they re-platform to the Cloud or Apache Spark. We're very well funded, backed by top VCs, and on the path to establishing ourselves as the leader on the cloud.
Prophecy is a Core Technology and Deep-IP company with engineering centered in India. Prophecy engineers often say that they have never worked in a more productive, higher horsepower organization in their careers. The engineers love their work, are being challenged, and are doing the best work of their careers.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an early customer support engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup starting in Prophecy’s India center. You will be working with a team of dynamic team members who take pride in solving complex problems.
We're seeking A players to work with A players. We're a high-growth company on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to revolutionize the way data engineering is done. Be a part of it.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues related to the Prophecy IDE
- Assist with issues around third-party integrations with the Prophecy environment
- Reproduce customer bugs in production and sandbox environments to capture additional context, build documentation and better understand the root cause
- Set clear expectations with customers on the next steps and then meet or exceed them
- Surprise and delight customers, even when problems are not solved quickly
- Provide best practices guidance and support for solutions developed by customers using Prophecy IDE
- Deliver proactive suggestions for improving performance and efficiency in customer-specific environments
- Demonstrate a true sense of ownership and coordinate with engineering to achieve timely resolution of customer issues and requests
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of company documentation and knowledge articles
- Be a true proponent of customer advocacy
- Be a team player and coach other team members as needed
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of Prophecy IDE architecture and administration
- Support customers and other customer support team members via chat, email, and video conference
- 6+ years of experience troubleshooting and supporting B2B large enterprise applications
- Strong work experience in production issue resolution
- You have built managed and maintained all aspects of ETL including development, bug fixing, monitoring and debugging of jobs
- Expert in Spark architecture and experience with Databricks/Snowflake environment configuration and management
- Experience with Git and CI/CD technologies
- Technology experience in SQL, Databricks/ Hadoop/ Spark Experienced in a variety of tools and products including Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure, Hadoop, CDP etc.
- Advanced skills in at least one of: Spark, SQL, Airflow, Kubernetes
- You have experience of 'hands-on' technical support and escalation (through Incident, Change and Problem Management procedures) and ensure that SLAs are achieved, whilst also looking for ways to improve the day-to-day product delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- The ability to break down complex technical concepts and communicate them to stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Have a creative attitude toward problem-solving
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in a not well-structured, fast-moving startup environment
- B Tech or above degree in CS or equivalent
- Full-stack Data platform knowledge
- Good knowledge of cloud, on-prem, and service architecture in multi-region setups.
- Familiarity with OAuth/OIDC and IAM technologies.
- Experience creating queries, alerts and monitors in Grafana, Datadog or similar tools
- Experience developing pipelines in Prophecy IDE
What You'll Have At Prophecy
- Great culture
- Very competitive compensation. Paymaster in India
- Fair and Open Equity awards for everyone
- Amazing work
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible time off
- Manage your own growth and career
- Experience building a transformative product
- High learning opportunity
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Prophecy, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Prophecy are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and any other protected characteristics.