Data Engineer (Bengaluru)
Prophecy is a rapidly growing startup enabling all the data users to visually build data pipelines with modern software practices including code on Github using its Low-Code Data Engineering Platform.
Prophecy is trusted by top Fortune 500 firms to replace their legacy ETL tools as they re-platform to the Cloud or Apache Spark. We're very well funded, backed by top VCs, and on the path to establishing ourselves as the leader on the cloud.
Prophecy is a Core Technology and Deep-IP company with engineering centered in India. Prophecy engineers often say that they have never worked in a more productive, higher horsepower organization in their careers. The engineers love their work, are being challenged, and are doing the best work of their careers.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an early engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup starting in Prophecy’s India engineering center. You will be working with a team of dynamic engineers who take pride in solving complex problems.
We're seeking A players to work with A players. We're a high-growth company on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to revolutionize the way data engineering is done. Be a part of it.
The impact you will have
Design/Develop/Deliver - End-to-End Ownership
Data Engineers at Prophecy design, develop, and deliver high-performance spark code.
The role that the data engineer team plays is collaborative and, engineers work hand-in-hand with customer teams as they transition from on-premise ETL to Prophecy data engineering in the cloud.
Help our customers to get onboarded to the product, and co-architect their complex data engineering pipelines on Prophecy.
Lead Product Growth
Engage with the rest of the engineering team and become the driver of future product roadmap of simple, functional, and elegant feature sets which are led by customer requests.
Prophecy has customers in almost all business verticals. On one day you might be solving a problem very much focused on financial institutions while the other day figuring out the data challenges in the healthcare domain. Grow as an industry expert and data architect who has worked in various domains and with companies varying from Fortune 50 to mid-market segments.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with big data tools and technologies.
- Proficient with Python or Scala language.
- Great problem-solving skills in a big data environment
- Experience building 'big data' data pipelines, architectures, and data sets from various business applications.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field such as Applied Mathematics.
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role - preferably solution engineering, or willingness to do such a role.
- Travel to customer offices occasionally if needed (< 10%)
- Great culture
- Very competitive compensation. Paymaster in India
- Fair and Open Equity awards for everyone
- Amazing work
- Private medical insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Manage your own growth and career
- Experience building a transformative product
- High learning opportunity
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Prophecy, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Prophecy are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and any other protected characteristics.