At ProjectDiscovery, we are on a mission to bring security to everyone.
Our suite of open source tools powers a vibrant community that is among the largest in the infosec community. Our projects have accumulated over 50k stars on Github with monthly active users in the hundreds of thousands and year-over-year growth of over 400%. 8 of our tools recently made the Open Source Security Index, a list of the fastest growing open source security projects on GitHub, which is more than any other startup or corporation. Our tools are trusted by security and engineering teams at top internet companies like HashiCorp, Robinhood, Gitlab, CapitalOne, Fastly, Starbucks and many others.
Our team of 35 is tight-knit, scrappy and passionate about making our digital world more secure. We are globally distributed and encourage our employees to work anywhere in the world. Fresh off $25M of Series A funding, we’re ready to take on the application security market and we’re looking for driven and talented people to join us.
Who you are
- You are a clear and efficient communicator, striving for elegance in conveying information succinctly and meaningfully.
- A champion of refinement and iteration, you are not someone who rushes content creation but rather aims for near-perfection through continuous improvement.
- You seek to learn from what others have done, using that information to build and encourage creative thinking rather than blindly follow an established playbook.
- You are self-sufficient, capable of executing tasks with minimal oversight and thriving in autonomous environments.
What you will work on
- Lead and nurture our growing community in discussions about security tooling, best practices, and innovative use cases.
- Provide technical support and user assistance across platforms like GitHub, Discord, and other digital mediums.
- Collaborate with community members to identify and resolve issues, fostering a self-help culture where members aid each other.
- Gather insights on feature requests and community preferences, conveying these to the product team.
- Develop and maintain resources for frequently asked questions and common issues.
- Uphold a culture of respect and empathy within our open source community.
- As well as the following potential routine tasks:
- Creating new issues on GitHub based on community feedback and appending existing issues with necessary information for the product org
- Writing blogs, preparing newsletters, and organizing community spotlights.
- Engaging with our community in Discord to actively answer user questions, source information for project bug reports and new projects / feature requests.
- Experience creating software or contributing to open source software
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience developing demos, workshops, webinars, videos, and other technical content
- Self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Ability to use ProjectDiscovery tools and other Linux command line tools, and social media platforms.
- Prior experience in a tech startup environment is highly desirable.
- Background in security engineering or bug bounty hunting is a plus.
- Location: You can be in any location and any timezone to apply
- You'll report to: Head of Community
- Direct Reports: None
- Start date: As soon as possible
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $107,500 - $157,000 for U.S. located employees DOE. Band level and salary ranges are determined through interviews, a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. Non-U.S. located employees compensation will be based on Geo and the above parameters.