Why PlanetScale Sales?
PlanetScale's Sales team is passionate about understanding our customer's unique needs. We help enterprises redefine their infrastructure while considering modern developer workflows. Our team is mission focused with clear goals, high standards for performance, offer a well defined prospecting process, and are committed to making every individual successful. We are an emerging Sales organization with our sights set on building a world class GTM machine. You want to be in Sales at PlanetScale because you want to represent a category redefining a product. We have reimagined a modern, serverless database designed to make developers' lives easier. We have built that on top of the only technology proven to horizontally scale relational databases. A truly game changing product. It is a redefinition of a very different technology.
If you are a technical expert who enjoys rapid turn around on infrastructure projects and working with business stakeholders to solve problems, this is a fantastic opportunity to be a high-impact member of the Sales team for a thriving product. PlanetScale's Sales team is passionate about understanding our customer's unique needs. We help enterprises redefine their infrastructure while considering modern developer workflows. In this role, you will work to manage and execute on all technical aspects of the sale. You’ll partner closely with Account Executives, lead technical conversations, and identify how PlanetScale can provide technical solutions to business problems.
What’s the job to be done?
- Perform technical discovery and gather requirements for prospects and customers
- Identify customer business requirements and match them to existing and future product features
- Lead proof of concept implementations and establish technical success criteria
- Build relationships with key decision makers and technical champions
- Educate prospects on product implementation and usage best practices
- Act as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicate customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered for future product strategy
- Answer product questions and help customers and prospects
- Contribute to internal knowledge repositories and building technical documentation to support sales efforts
- Develop and present demonstrations of PlanetScale’s Cloud database
What you will need
- 5 years of experience in a technical role
- Experience with relational databases and cloud databases
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Pragmatic approach to tackling unforeseen challenges
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
What else will help you be successful
- Expertise with MySQL and Vitess
- Basic knowledge of open source development and communities
- Experience working in or with large engineering teams
- Previous experience in a sales or consulting role
- Ability to articulate the value of DevOps
- Experience working in a remote organization
At PlanetScale we believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive no matter the location. Our mission is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. We strive to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are a candidate or an employee. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, pregnancy status, and veteran status.
If you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Total Compensation and Pay Transparency
An employee’s total compensation consists of base salary + variable comp where appropriate + benefits + equity. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be happy to answer any further questions when we engage with you to begin the interview process.
Salary Range: $153,000 | $180,000 | $207,000