Technical Project Manager
OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Eventbrite, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We offer remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and soon - Washington! As well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. Some roles are hybrid roles and will be listed as such. We have offices in San Mateo, CA and London, UK, and offer flex seating options in the NYC area. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
OneSignal is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to help shape how brands engage their users across engagement channels. The Technical Project Manager will play a pivotal role in onboarding new customers and working with existing customers to architect solutions for technical challenges.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with customer success, sales, support, product, and engineering to onboard new customers to the OneSignal platform and work with the biggest Enterprise customers to architect solutions for their technical needs. This includes developing best practices, customer data architecture, and setting internal and external (3rd party solution partners) standards. The role is measured by driving customer outcomes through technical problem-solving and project management.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead new client onboarding and implementation engagements across multiple verticals
- Help clients and partners implement our products and plan projects effectively
- Demonstrate thought leadership and develop trust with the client by developing in-depth knowledge of their business and vertical
- Provide guidance and recommendations on platform configurations to achieve client use case and business process needs
- Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology
- Work independently and/or collaboratively with internal teams as well as our clients to resolve client concerns, questions, and technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- This will include investigating and troubleshooting cases of low to high complexity involving various OneSignal features and products
- Communicating and explaining technical concepts (limitations, requirements, functionality) to a wide range of audiences (both technical and marketing-focused)
- Provide consultative guidance to Enterprise-level clients on how to resolve OneSignal-related issues while maintaining empathy and professionalism
- Creating and refining client-facing documentation, as well as improving internal processes and technical troubleshooting reference materials.
Skills and experience:
- Experience using common programming software development concepts and troubleshooting applications
- 2+ years experience working in a client-facing role (preferably in an enterprise application/software support environment)
- Possesses and exhibits an ability to communicate (both written and verbally) complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences, including both technical and marketing-focused stakeholders
- Experience communicating with clients via phone, email and screen share
- A degree in CIS, MIS, or Computer Science (or equivalent job experience.)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Candidates must be analytical, detail-oriented, concise communicators, able to organize and prioritize various tasks and must be able to deduce potential root-causes for technical issues based on provided “symptoms.”
- Candidates must have a customer-service-focused mindset with an emphasis on exceeding expectations
- Candidate must be located in the Eastern time zone, preferably with the ability to meet colleagues on a minimum monthly basis in New York City
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $110,000 - $125,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.