Senior Data Scientist
OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Eventbrite, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We offer remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
The operations team is a highly strategic and analytical team that helps guide and implement strategic initiatives across the company. We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who’s passionate about exploring and leveraging large amounts of data to identify key actionable insights to inform our growth & GTM strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Build basic ETL pipelines to get data to our business systems
- Provide structure and methodology, connected to our business strategy
- Work closely with product, engineering, and operations to understand business performance, define metrics, and provide support for KPIs
- Analyze business performance to generate insights that drive business impact across various cross-functional teams
- Build dashboards and reports to create visibility into different funnels and business processes, and empower teams across the company in making data related decisions
- Work with Airflow, DBT, Presto, Hightouch and introduce the latest tools into our technology stack
- In the future, could build predictive analytics/ML models using internal and external data sources to identify potential new customers, those who are at risk of churn or those with potential upsell opportunities
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a technical area at a high growth startup is preferred
- Strong proficiency with SQL and at least basic proficiency in Python
- Strong sense of ownership and proactiveness, and an ability identify problems and implement and identify solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working cross-functionally
- The ideal candidate would have an understanding of SaaS metrics
- Experience with DBT and Airflow is a plus
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $140,000 to $170,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.