Senior Software Engineer, SDK
OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Upwork, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We’re a remote-first company, offering remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
- Solve challenging business use-cases in a project with elegant, readable code and clear tests
- Develop prototypes and analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Craft APIs that are both robust and easy to use for a wide range of use cases
- Engage with developers on GitHub, troubleshoot customer issues, and develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures, programming, or documentation
- Conduct research on ecosystem trends, upstream software changes, and deepening domain knowledge
- At least 6 years experience working as a software engineer
- Deep experience with developing applications for one or more of the following platforms: Android, iOS, Web, Unity, Godot, Xamarin, React Native, Flutter, Cordova
- Comfort working in a distributed team with autonomy
- Passion for building tools for frontend developers
- Experience interacting with RESTful and RPC APIs
- Experience writing SDKs, Client Libraries, or other Developer Tools
- Broad knowledge of development environments
- Active engagement with a developer community
- Enjoys interacting with a developer ecosystem and is experienced in leveraging empathy for making better developer products
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $160,000 to $180,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.