Senior Accounting Manager
OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Upwork, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We’re a remote-first company, offering remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
What You'll Do:
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with US GAAP and internal policies
- Review and/or prepare month-end account reconciliations and ensure the completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of supporting documentation
- Maintain the close calendar and ensure a well-coordinated, consistent, and timely accounting close (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness on a continuous basis using technology solutions and automation
- Oversee revenue recognition and collections
- Participate in other assignments and ad hoc projects as required
- Preparation of month-end financial statements and bank reporting package
- Prepare support needed for our annual tax filings
- Manage global consolidation process across all legal entities
- Record variable compensation accruals and other journal entries as needed
- Review the accuracy of payroll for all entities before processing
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders in the accounting close process
- Partner with the FP&A team on the annual budget, monthly forecast, flux analysis, SaaS metrics, and other internal reporting activities
- Analyze and review signed contracts for proper invoicing and revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP
- Partner with engineering and product teams on new product launches to build scalable billing and revenue recognition processes
- Manage a high volume of cash inflow through different methods: ACH, Wires, Credit Cards and Checks
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in accounting and/or audit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA (or equivalent) license
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, and results-oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and a strong desire to drive change
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience using Recurly, NetSuite, Salesforce, and Stripe
- SaaS Accounting Experience
- Public Accounting Experience
- Familiar with credit card processing for online sales
- Proven track record of succeeding in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $150,000 to $170,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.
Something looks off?