OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Upwork, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We’re a remote-first company, offering remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
Our design team is a nimble group that spans user research, user experience, prototyping, visual design, brand design, design systems and frontend engineering. We believe design is equal parts form and function. We ideate a lot. We prototype a lot. We put our users first and continually aim to make our product more intuitive and delightful to use. We run cross functional workshops to influence design thinking across the company. We have a ‘ship it’ mentality and have a passion for always measuring and learning, care about building easy to use products, and have a knack for using data to make better design decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly on the UI and UX of our web products
- Partner with designers to develop OneSignal’s design system, “Beam”
- Partner with engineers to implement components and add design polish to our products
- Educate and be an evangelist for a11y, semantics and design system best practices
- Document our components and UX patterns, how they work, how designers can use them in Figma, how engineers can use them in code
- Create prototypes and tools to help us move faster at both discovery and execution
- Bring an engineering perspective to the design process to voice issues with feasibility and call out missed edge-cases
- Be a constant advocate for collaboration as well as act as a bridge between design and engineering
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years experience working on a web platform
- Strong, provable design skills, specifically around accessibility and interaction design
- Intuitive mind for good user experience
- Effective communication skills with other team members (how we structure design team meetings)
- Experience building design systems
- Obsessive attention to pixel perfection
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- Understanding of technical requirements and aspects of modern apps
- Experience designing and shipping projects from start to finish
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $104,000 to $122,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.