Data & Analytics
OneSignal is a leading omnichannel customer engagement solution, powering personalized customer journeys across mobile and web push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS, and email. On a mission to democratize engagement, we enable over a million businesses to keep their users - including readers, fans, players and shoppers - engaged and up to date by delivering 12 billion messages daily.
1 in 5 new apps launches using OneSignal! We support companies in 140 countries, including Zynga, USA Today, Bitcoin.com, Upwork, Tribune, and many more - from startups and small businesses just getting off the ground to established companies communicating with millions of customers.
We’re venture-backed by SignalFire, Rakuten Ventures, Y Combinator, HubSpot, and BAM Elevate (read more about our recent Series C!). We’re a remote-first company, offering remote work as the default option in the United States in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah as well as in the UK and Singapore - with plans to expand the locations we support in the future. We also have offices in San Mateo, CA, New York City, and London, UK. Hiring in Singapore is done in partnership with a local PEO.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
About The Team:
The operations team is a highly strategic and analytical team that helps guide and implement strategic initiatives across the company. We are looking for a Data & Analytics specialist to connect and organize our data across the company to drive visibility into performance and strategy across our sales, marketing, product, operations, finance, and engineering efforts. The ideal candidate will have some background in data engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and maintain business-critical data and distributed systems that will provide real time and reliable data to for all of our go to market tools and internal users
- Connect our production backend / data to business systems including salesforce, marketo, intercom, google analytics, metabase, etc. This can include working with a data warehouse / data lake, organizing large scale data (we send 10 billion notifications a day), and building ETLs to business systems
- Evaluate ways to increase the efficiency of internal data flows and centralize sources of truth
- Innovate, design, and build data systems, services, and tools using GCP (Google Cloud Platform) that scale with OneSignal’s products and business requirements
- Work cross functionally including with the backend engineering team as well as business teams including operations, product, marketing, sales, customer success, support, finance, etc.
- Analyze the data and create data insights and business insights to help move the business as well as assist and empower teams across the company in making data related decisions.
- Build data science / machine learning models using internal and external data sources to identify potential new customers, those who are at risk of churn or those with potential upsell opportunities
- Work with Airflow, DBT, Presto, Hightouch and introduce the latest tools into our technology stack. Potentially, figure out how to incorporate artificial intelligence into our technology stack.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of professional experience in a technical area at a high growth startup is preferred
- Proficiency with Python and experience with DBT and Airflow is a plus
- Self driven and ability to identify problems and implement and identify solutions
- A combination of technical and business acumen. The ideal candidate would have an understanding of SaaS metrics and growth company infrastructure scaling challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working cross functionally
- The ideal candidate has had experience growing and managing a smaller but high functioning team
The New York and California base salary for this full time position is between $135,000 to $200,000. Your exact starting salary is determined by a number of factors such as your experience, skills, and qualifications. In addition to base salary, we also offer a competitive equity program and comprehensive and inclusive benefits.
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness & Empathy
- Accountability & Collaboration
- Proactiveness & Urgency
- Growth Mindset & Love of Learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OneSignal. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application and/or interview process.
Something looks off?