Software Engineer - Financial Integrations (Lead)
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, December 2, 2022
Finances are one of the major sources of stress in American households, and nine out of ten Americans say nothing would make them feel more confident than having their personal finances in order. At Monarch we are building the most comprehensive personal finance platform to help people improve their financial lives and achieve their goals.
Monarch came out of private beta in early 2021. Since that time we have quickly became one of the premier ways to manage your financial life. Customers love the product and we have seen rapid, organic growth. Our users say that Monarch helps them feel more confident in their finances, and more confident in their financial future.
Our founding team consists of product-driven, serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits. Additionally, our CEO was one of the original creators of Mint.com and has a unique perspective on what is needed to meet consumers' needs in this market.
We are passionate about building a company, product and brand that both customers and employees love. We are well-funded by top venture firms and angel investors.
We founded the company as a fully-remote team (pre Covid!) and are open to applicants that live within a 5 hour time zone difference of US Pacific Time.
Monarch Money is seeking a Principle Software Engineer with a focus on financial data aggregation. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring Monarch reliably aggregates, enriches, and analyzes our users' financial data from various sources and at a large scale. This is a problem that is ripe for innovation, requiring technical excellence, creative problem solving, world-class product intuition, comfort with large volumes of data, and the ability to work with internal and external APIs.
- As our first data aggregation engineer, you will lead our technical efforts to make Monarch the best place to see your financial data in one place. This would include writing/improving the code and logic that aggregates, enriches, and analyzes our users' financial data.
- You will frame the problem, put together a strategy, decide how success should be measured, prioritize projects, and execute successfully.
- You will collaborate with and influence company and product leadership.
- While initially working in a hands-on IC capacity, you will own this problem end-to-end, making technical trade-off (like buy vs. build) and product trade-off decisions.
- You will help build out a team focused on this problem, for which you would have technical and/or people leadership responsibilities.
- You have excellent product intuition, and are comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- You are comfortable working with external APIs (like Plaid).
- You have experience working with data pipelines and processing data in general.
- You are comfortable (or willing to learn) Python and other backend systems.
- You are comfortable delving into front-end work as needed.
- [Optional] You have some experience or interest in Machine Learning.
- [Optional] You have worked on aggregating/enriching personal financial data in the past.
- Work wherever you want! As a fully remote company with no central office, we want you to work wherever you are happiest and most productive. Whether that’s out of your home, a co-working space, or elsewhere.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation in a hyper growth, early stage company 🚀.
- Stipend to set-up your ideal working environment.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits (Full time US only).
- 401k (US only).
- Unlimited PTO.
- 3 day weekend every month! We take off the “First Friday” every month to focus on rest, recuperation, or just having fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Monarch Money
Something looks off?