Principal Software Engineer - Connected Devices
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our organization and help us revolutionize the way people move around cities. As a key member of our organization, you’ll have the opportunity to design and build the core technology that powers our fleet of connected vehicles. With our rapid global expansion, you’ll play a vital role in crafting backend systems that can process boatloads of requests from our IoT devices and consumer-facing apps. You will also have the chance to improve our suite of operational tools that enable our distributed workforce to charge, deploy, and maintain our electric vehicles. And the best part? You get an opportunity to mentor and grow a talented group of engineers, data scientists, designers and PMs who are passionate about creating innovative solutions for urban transportation!
What You'll Do:
- Identify, define, and solve strategically essential technical problems, including architecting and building highly scalable foundational platforms, leading new product initiatives, and revamping core application experiences.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions.
- Lead the cross-functional collaboration with PMs, Engineers, Design, Data Scientists, Research, and Operations teams.
- Mentor and support other engineers on the team. Identify and develop future leaders.
- Advise Lime’s leadership team on key technology adoption and process improvements.
- Define technical strategy and future technical directions Lime should take.
- 10+ years of industry professional software development experience, and a track record of building impactful products or systems.
- Customer obsessed. You put customers first.
- Technically fearless; Breadth of knowledge. You can work anywhere in Lime’s technology. From devices to backend data.
- Data driven. You have a strong data insight and rely on data to make decisions.
- Owner’s mindset. You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line.
- Outcomes oriented. You focus on impact.
- Strong influencer. You motivate and empower your team to go above and beyond.
- Strong collaborator. You understand cross-functional strategies and involve key stakeholders in decision making.
- Passionate. You’re passionate about Lime's mission and micromobility; you want to see cities transform to becoming people-centric and less polluted.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.