Communications Manager, DACH Region (m/w/d)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring an interim Communications Manager for the DACH region! You will join Lime’s Global Communications team, responsible for advancing Lime's message to media, regulators, third-party partners and riders. We engage local, national and international press to share the value of shared e-bikes and e-scooters, and how Lime is transforming lives and communities through sustainable mobility. The team uses our industry-leading work on sustainability, community-building and government partnerships to amplify our impact, win entry into new markets and build a sustainable business in the cities we serve.
You'll execute an integrated communications strategy while driving the company’s consumer, corporate and trade media relations activities to reinforce Lime’s leadership position in Germany, Switzerland and Austria. You will manage our DACH-based public relations firm and work closely with our EMEA operations and government relations teams as well as your regional public affairs counterparts and the global corporate communications team.
We are a remote first company! For many roles, we welcome applications from anywhere we operate within the DACH region. It's preferred that the individual hired for this role be located in Berlin.
This opportunity is for a twelve month period, with a potential opportunity to extend based on performance. In this role, you will report into the Global Communications Director.
What You'll Do:
- Drive a communications strategy to support Lime’s business and regulatory objectives in local markets throughout DACH; amplifying our story through local media
- Proactively prepare communications and pitch news around Lime’s positive impacts in communities and reactively manage issues and media inquiries
- Manage production of day-to-day deliverables – including researching, drafting and editing materials such as communications plans, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, Op-Eds and memos
- Engage directly with local and regional top-tier media to shape stories, serve as an on-the-record spokesperson, and rapidly respond to breaking news and crises
- Constantly generate creative ideas to help Lime break through the noise and secure earned media coverage
- Be an excellent strategic consultant to local General Managers and other leaders in the region on how actions will be perceived by the press and public.
- Partner with local Government Relations Directors to develop communications strategies around state and local micromobility rules and regulations
- Localise our corporate initiatives, sharing news around tech, product and company-wide announcements
- 8+ years experience in communications, media relations or public affairs
- On-the-record media experience and established history of building and fostering media relationships with local outlets and/or national business, tech and policy publications
- Strong understanding of the public policy issues related to Lime’s products and service, and a familiarity with relevant stakeholders and media influencers
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to take ownership over projects and plans, with an ability to be nimble and move directions quickly
- Compelling, authentic and persuasive communications style, with excellent written and verbal communication skills under pressure and with high stakes
- Personal passion for sustainable urban transportation and an ability to evangelize its benefits to cities and stakeholders
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Pure hustle: You are a high-energy person who is not afraid of jumping in where needed
- Fluency in German and English required
- Bachelor's degree required
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites
you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.