Senior Director, UX/UI Design
Design, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are seeking an incredible Senior Design Director to lead our entire design team and portfolio of digital products at Lime. You will lead a world-class team of UX/UI Designers and pioneer a bold vision for Lime’s digital offerings moving forward. Your work will be seen and used by consumers all over the world in the 150+ markets we operate in. Not only will you lead an excellent team of leaders, you’ll set the creative vision/direction for all our digital products, and lead a significant, company-wide effort to build new, innovative platforms with hundreds of millions impressions every year.
The ideal candidate will bring 10+ years of experience leading design teams with a wealth of experience shipping consumer-facing digital applications. You’ll be an in the moment problem solver with the ability to think about the short term and long term plan. You’re naturally energized by building and scaling and being part of a forward-thinking organization.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of gifted designers. Attract and develop top-tier talent while cultivating a high-performing, values-driven culture backed by regular feedback, clear accountability, and proactive performance management
- Set the creative vision and own the delivery of all of Lime’s digital products. This includes, but is not limited to Lime’s consumer application as well as all of the tools we build for the internal operators that bring our experience to life worldwide. You’ll work on products that have hundreds of millions of impressions annually
- Work closely with your peers across Product Management, Research, and Engineering to establish and bring to life a bold vision for Lime
- A passion for creating magical moments and putting smiles on people’s faces. We obsess over every last detail on behalf of our worldwide customers.
- 10+ years of experience leading design teams with a passion for people management and talent development
- A wealth of experience shipping consumer-facing digital applications as well as backend tools and services aimed at internal users
- Someone with both massive creative vision and tremendous attention to detail
- A leader who brings world-class standards to the table - we are looking for someone to establish an incredibly high bar for others to aspire to
- Experience working for world-class technology companies
The anticipated salary range for this position is $144,000 - $243,000. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.