Grand Junction, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for Lead Mechanics to lead our team of Mechanics and Senior Mechanic while helping to maintain our fleet of shared vehicles. This role is ideal for mechanically-inclined operations professionals that want to broaden and build their career experiences. Teamwork is at the heart of our operation, as mechanics work together to identify critical parts of our product lines that can be improved and ensure the safe working condition of our fleet.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, lead, and train a team of Mechanics, Senior Mechanics, and Lead Mechanics while assigning daily tasks as needed and ensuring workflow is efficient and thorough
- Train and onboard new mechanics while maintaining a team oriented environment and integrating new mechanics to the team
- Evaluate performance of your team and give performance feedback
- Safely operate a van to assist with the deployment and retrieval of Lime electric vehicles within the local market
- Ensure operational compliance and safety of all electric vehicles
- Perform a variety repairs from basic maintenance to complex electronic part replacement
- Maintain and abide by safety and hygiene standards within the warehouse
- Maximize the number of operational vehicles by efficiently completing tasks assigned
- Identify issues and find creative solutions to overcome obstacles
- Safely operate a pallet jack and/or push cart on a frequent basis
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver license in state with a good driving record
- 6 months of experience as mechanic at Lime or delivery driver or similar external experience; plus 6 months of people leadership/coaching experience required
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs / 30kg on a frequent basis required
- Ability to operate a mobile device required
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and/or push card on a frequent basis
- Good communicator with with the ability to communicate needs upwards; use data to inform decision making; and understand KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to make an impact
- Ability to inspire others around you; positive attitude and a collaborative spirit
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Willingness to learn, a great attitude and ability to work well with others - teamwork is key to success!
- Some understanding of workforce management to help staff the team appropriately and ensure each shift has the correct number of employees; and knowledge of google sheet
- Electrical engineering background is preferred
This is a contracted position that will be hired, managed, and compensated through a third-party employer. By submitting information through this posting, the applicant agrees Lime may forward all submitted information to the applicable third-party employer, and the third-party employer may contact the applicant regarding the role.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 - $22.00. This position is not eligible for benefits through Lime as this is a contract position.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?