Content & Scriptwriting Associate (Contract)
We're building the one-stop shop for creator finances.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
We’re looking for a creative Content & Scriptwriting Associate to triple Karat’s weekly posts by developing fresh content ideas and crafting compelling content scripts with an approachable, knowledgeable, and conversational tone. Someone who thinks strategically, writes persuasively, works quickly, iteratively, and has a passion for language.
This role will report directly to the Creative Lead.
This is a full-time contract role for up to 6-12 months. Benefits are not included at this time.
The pay range is up to $25-30/hour
What you'll do:
- Come up with ideas for video shorts around helping creators figure out their finances.
- Conduct research to support those ideas - eg tax writeoffs, details on structuring companies, budgeting, wealth management, retirement, incorporation.
- Write scripts (say 20-30 in a couple hours).
- Proofread and edit content to ensure accuracy, grammar, and adherence to brand guidelines.
- See the General Finance column of content listed here
What you’ll need:
- 1-2+ years of writing, creating language, and content strategy, ideally in a startup setting.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A grammar expert who can adapt to different tones and styles of writing and learn from audience reaction to scripts.
- Understanding of social platforms and retention tactics (eg. Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Experience creating content in long-form and short-form clips.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
Exciting benefits & perks that we offer:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- Remote (within the US) and flexible work culture
- Unlimited PTO and sick
- Generous equity
- 401(k) plan with 100% match for the first 3%, then 50% match for the following 2%
- Monthly stipends for: health & wellness, meals, learning & development, and home office set up - totaling up to $5,400 annually
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
- Karat just raised Series B!
- Check out our culture and what we're building
- Learn more about Karat's partnership with Visa and our Founders!