Content Marketing Lead
We're building the one-stop shop for creator finances.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren’t just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They’re also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We’re building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
So far we’ve succeeded at taking an early lead in our category thanks to a strong sales effort and unique brand initiatives. We’ve dabbled with lifecycle, demand gen, and content—but we need a marketer who can tie everything together and scale it.
As the first Marketing hire, the Marketing Lead will manage our Creatives and Social Media team and report directly to Eric Wei (Co-Founder). You will be responsible for creating a cohesive marketing strategy that fuels brand awareness, boosts customer engagement/retention, produce leads, and ultimately drive growth. This is a unique opportunity for someone who can blend brand storytelling with an analytical mindset.
What you'll do:
- Build and experiment with key acquisition funnels (ie. referrals, content) to drive growth for our Card product.
- Hitting content deliverables and developing new creative, and innovative content ideas (ie. managing and reaching goals of posting x number of content per day across social media platforms (Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- Establish and track KPIs to drive the pipeline and use data-driven insights to continuously refine our approach.
- Create and test the organic and paid channels that target our high-value cohorts.
- Scale and measure personalized content to nurture our relationship with customers throughout their journey.
Grow the brand
- Develop and execute strategies to grow our market presence, increase brand awareness, and boost customer engagement and retention.
- Utilizing storytelling and insights from the community to craft and iterate our brand story and build top-of-funnel lead generation in partnership with the sales team.
- Unlock ways to tell the story broadly, aligning all marketing activities, products, and services around the narrative.
- Organize events, produce content (ie. podcast, Twitter/Instagram posts), and nurture our on/offline community through inventive content and events.
- Lead all Karat marketing functions with support from the Creative team.
Build a team
- Lead an effective team - attracting, growing, and retaining top talent.
- Use a mix of team members, outside services, and automation to achieve goals.
- Reinforce a culture of curiosity, creativity, risk-taking, and ownership.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of marketing experience (preferably in B2C), with 2+ years of leading and developing a high performing team.
- Expert in creating and executing multi-touch, multi-channel marketing programs that leverage inbound and outbound tactics.
- Skills in experimentation, iterating, and scaling growth processes.
- Ability to navigate a fast-changing environment and build things from the ground up.
- Based in Los Angeles, San Francisco (strong preference) or New York City - we’re a remote team, but creators concentrate on the coasts.
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It’s our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We’ve worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We’re well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (or CPP for Canucks)
- Home office and/or co-working allowance
- Health and wellness budget
- Your very own Karat card
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
We’re a distributed team. This is a full-time role open to anyone in North American time zones.